Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

thermostat location

Dan C.
Dan C. Member Posts: 248
I have a finished attic in a rental apartment. I recently seperated the heat into 2 zones and at the same time the whole house was re-wired. There is a hallway/closet that seperates the two bedrooms up there which are both the same size. I had the electrician put the thermostat in the hallway which at the time I thought was the best spot for it. Now I am thinking the thermostat should go in one of the bedrooms because the doors are always going to be closed to that hallway. One of the bedrooms is insulated the other one isn't so I am putting the thermostat in the uninsulated bedroom. Is this the best place for it? I could always put a trv in the other bedroom. Bothe rooms have way oversized CI radiators.

Comments

• kpc_54
    kpc_54 Member Posts: 15
    I guess....

but why not insulate the room? Blow it in is you can't pull off the drywall.....it will always pay you back.
  • Dan C.
    Dan C. Member Posts: 248

one wall that i had to open anyway is insulated. I did not open the cieling so the cieling isnt insulated. The other room i had to open the cieling so the whole room is insulated.
This discussion has been closed.