Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler location Euro Style

Mike Dunn
Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
why you didn't use the viessman flexible S&R w/sensor wire?

Comments

• Radman
    Radman Member Posts: 78
    Boiler location Euro style, with some solar thrown in for fun.

Here is a job we just had the pleasure of finishing up. I am interested in wallie comments on the boiler location. I will gladly answer questions. The Viessmann Vitosol 200 collectors are the 10th array of this brand & type we've installed and I have to say they are some of the nicest to assemble. The house is 5100 Sf, and represents a -2deg design day loss of 74,000 BTU/hr. The solar is DHW only, of course. The funny thing is that the builder actually tried to push this off as a "zero energy house" which is of course, ridiculous. Being here in Boulder CO, I am used to incessant greenwashing. The house behind shows the other system that is not yet commissioned. The PV on both houses was done by my good friends at Namaste Solar Electric.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Radman
    This job was roughed about 1 year ago

The LS was not available yet. Either way, I doubt I would have used it here. We like fiberglass pipe insulation, and clean penetrations. I will be trying a Caleffi LS on an upcoming job, and will decide then if it is right for our company. The CSST lines are a great idea. I actually know of a solar company that was using GasTite on some of their installs. Yikes! I suppose there will always be those trying to push the limits of materials.

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Stolz

Which means: to be proud and with a reason or justified in Germanic language and we will see much more of this in just a couple of weeks in the "Heimart land"

Very nice job Bo!
  • Steve M_2
    Steve M_2 Member Posts: 121
    very cool

Very cool boiler placement, where exactly in the house is it?
  • Radman
    In the 3rd floor laundry room

The unique thing about this location is that the boiler is installed as an "appliance", in the 3rd floor laundry room. The room is located and separated by a hallway and a large WI closet and bathroom from the sleeping rooms. The mechanical is in the basement. The house is built in such a way that no matter how we tried to re-configure the venting for the Vitodens, it had to be above the basement. (this includes downloading the full venting supplement and looking at every possible scenario.) So, yes that boiler is exactly 2 floors above all of the hydronic components.

This discussion has been closed.