Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

More pics...

I'd say I'm too used to soldering and don't really feel the need to invest in another method that I may or may not like is about the best way I can put it.

Comments

• A little

farther along. This is a recording studio. The trap is to prevent sound traveling down the duct to other areas. The pumps are 009 IFC. At each station one pump feeds a floor and the other feeds an airhandler. 32mm twin Ecoflex 60' underground to building #2/station #2. I went with the flanged valves to eliminate as many threaded joints as I could because it's glycol. I'd say fire up in less than two weeks. Maybe by next friday. ;)
  • Nice job MPF

I notice your not a Pro-Press kinda guy.
    I`ve been thinking of trying it(never have), any particular reason you haven`t?

Dave
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    We buy the inline sound traps, really well made and work great,

See attachment for style of silencers we have used. Amazing what sound reduction you get from a pipe in a pipe with perforated inner pipe and sound absorbing material between pipes.
  • Prefabbed traps?

I like the tube within a tube idea. Got a link?

The owner gave me a drawing and I had my sheetmetal guy make a couple. Poor sheetmetal guy. I've takien him so far out into the HVAC ozones with all the high velocity and silencing aspects he may never be quite the same after all this. Stubborn old New Englanders don't like new stuff, especially stubborn old New England sheetmetal guys. They're a breed all their own. I'd been talking to him about high velocity for ten years and every time I did he'd get all grumbly. He hasn't stopped yet. LOL...

This discussion has been closed.