Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic heating with rinnai tankless waterheater.

Dan C.
Dan C. Member Posts: 248
Rinnai is not approved for closed loop heating.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=329&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Ed_66
    Ed_66 Member Posts: 1
    Hydronic heating with a rinnai tankless

I am looking for any piping diagrams. Do I have to use primary-secondary piping or not. Thanks Ed
  • As Dan C says,

a tankless water heater is just that, for DHW production.
    Try pushing the envelope further(others have), and watch the problems pile-up.

Dave
  • As Dan C says,

a tankless water heater is just that, for DHW production.
    Try pushing the envelope further(others have), and watch the problems pile-up.
    I have pics of some good looking messes!

Dave
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Call them

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Rinnai commercial models are approved for heat and hot water

use, at least they were. I don't like the option much but did one on small artist studio on an estate once, used brazed plate heat exchanger for radiant side and it worked out just fine. To me this is about the most I would use it for in duo use.
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Navien America

Has their "Heating Box" that is designed around using an on demand as the heat source. I installed two systems like this two years ago and they have been working fine.

Small hydronic loads (<2,000 sq ft) can be met this way in a cost effective way.
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Found it !

Click resources go to "Hot Tech Topics" and then "7" you will find pictures under "Instantaneous water heaters as heat sources. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Rich K
This discussion has been closed.