Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

logomatic for dummies

thanks, all.

I'm going to try the manual override. However, if I go that route, will it also override the mixing value that is hooked up to the logomatic?...i don't want to toaste my floors.

Called the contractor regarding lack of hot water and low temps to the floor. He came first thing yesterday morning and did an "adjustment". Today (Sat) the hot water is luke warm and its sending <100 deg water to the floors. Its 35 degs outside.

I also called the Buderus rep. He showed me how to adjust the high temp for 'circuit 2' (th radiant floors). It was originally set at 125. the contractor raised it to 130 and I upped to to 140.

I guess its going to take some time to 'iron things out' but its very annoying that my older boiler, as inefficient as it was, made things comfortable, and this new ($$$) boiler doesn't...at least not yet.

Comments

• jd_12
    jd_12 Member Posts: 5
    logomatic for dummies

newly installed g115 w/ logomatic hooked up to a mixing station w/ outdoor reset. my radiant floor was designed with approx 120deg supply temp. the new boiler is supplying only 95 degrees. is there a quick solution i can implement to get the supply up another 25degs? I read the manual and I couldn't figure out what to do. thanks!
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357

jd what is the out door temp right now? 95 maybe all it needs to heat
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • jd_12
    jd_12 Member Posts: 5

charlie-i'm not sure how to find the reset temp setting. My old, old system was on or off....supplying 120 deg or not via a mixing valve. But, it kept the room comfortable in the 66-67 range. In the new system, I understand the reset will adjust the supply based on the weather....and it has been warm for NE recently. However, it is just plain cold in the room 61, 62 degs. It hit 63 yesterday, but I'm convinced the extra degree was from solar gain. I was hoping there was some easy way to override this setting until I can work the kinks out w/ my contractor.
  • A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    logomatic override

JD there is a manual override on the logomatic just to the left of the on switch on the right side of the control. The switch will override the logomatic and let the boiler run off the limit. That said you should get your heating contractor over there to check it out .
  • S Ebels_2
    S Ebels_2 Member Posts: 74
    I think that Charlie could be on the right track

The 2105&7 adjust the mix temp corresponding to the OD temp same as the high temp zone(s). If it's set for 120* at design then that's the only time one would see that water temp
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    If you have the manual,

Clear your head of all preconceived notions and look at it with a new set of eyes.

The hardest part will be forgetting what your old system did,because it doesn't matter anymore.Learn to disregard all the stuff they throw in the book that you don't have, and move on from there.

Buderus manuals are written pretty well in my opinion and once you are in tune with their nomenclature they become a breeze.

Read it all first. Decide what parts you need to focus on and start to think about desired settings and temps.

The scrolling can be a bit comical when you first start, but every time you hit a wrong button you will be LEARNING how to get back to that point quicker and quicker .

That's how I got into it, and now have few problems once I have to do it again. Mistakes are still made, but getting back to the point where you need to, to make adjustments comes much quicker.
    Practice, Practice,Practice. Good luck. Chris
  • Steven Eayrs
    Steven Eayrs Member Posts: 33
    IN the fine print..............

you may find the answer. We recently had a similar problem. Did not really see any good info with the mixing station, but in with the directions for the 2107, using the 241 board (to operate the 3-way vlv in the mixing station), it states that this 3-way can be flow either way, (right to left, or left to right).
    The fix for us was to switch the brown and black wires on the 241 board. The 3-way now puts out what we want it to, and works right.
    May not be your problem but was ours. Just wished they would print this a little bigger somewhere. Only seems to be mentioned once, down on the bottom right of a drawing, in small print.
    Maybe some of you knew this but we didn't have a clue.

• does the override (to manual) control the mixing valve? The boiler is hitting 180-190 degs, but the floor supply is still below my target of 120 deg +/-. I'm wondering if the mixing is the culprit?
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357

JD the manual override simply lets the boiler go to the temp on the dial without regard to outdoor temp. It may be best to wait for the installer to come back and reset the heat curve to suit your needs.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
This discussion has been closed.