Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Inverter AC - off topic

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,143
i would think it's about time the only hard part is selling these systems .knowing that carrier/byrant has had these 2 stage residental system out there for many years and even when i work for a hvac company that did do residental work we never had the chance to install nor sell one i guess back then the grand to 1500 extra was a hard sale but now with electrical rates on the rise (nothing gets cheaper)maybe now is the time .Only researve i may have is on a 1 zone system and the lower air flow that a variable speed fan would idle down to and it's effect on air flow and velocity of air flow which in my thinking may cause issue with duct condensation in duct work located in hot attic but then i all depends how the electronic cycle the fan and how the system would be set up for low loads with low humidity levels ,but all in all i think this is a long time coming but with so many newly developed equiptment that are being marketing i can only hope that all the bugs have been worked out and hopefully they will have a complete control system that will be able to be used with multi manafactures systems,guess we'll have to start checking for compatable t/stat or better yet why not residental system that use DCC system for a complete control system thst would enable complete indoor comfort control with out breaking the bank and not having to go to the after market products .The future is like everything open to the infinite possiblablities and the imagation of those who made this country what it is .Just think about all the changes that have happened just over the last 50 years it is amazing hopefully this new technology will be implamated in all reins not only the residental market where there always the test market why not commerical work which always seems to be oversized for most of the time except when it comes to the design day ,image the amount of engery and short cycling that could be elimated ?enough of my rant peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• brands in central AC?

Looks like the 24.5-SEER Nordyne models are the only inverter-drive AC for central systems??? Next closest, at 21-SEER is Carrier 2-stage near as I can tell.
This discussion has been closed.