Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tamper proof TRVs

bb_10
bb_10 Member Posts: 29
the Danfoss part number: 013G8240 which is a valve mounted tamper proof operator.

You will also need:

013G0140 - 1PS Vavle Body
013L8011 - Vent

Look @ Danfoss web site to find the local rep in your area. They can direct you to a stocking distributor

bb

Comments

• mark ransley
    mark ransley Member Posts: 155

Does anyone make tamper resistant TRV for one pipe steam, I know the tenants will just make it hotter if they can. Pex and State Supply dont think so
  • Kool Rod
    Kool Rod Member Posts: 175

Mark-
    Danfoss makes a couple of accessory items which might be of help to you. Take a look at their limiters, covers and tamper proofing.

http://na.heating.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/013R9357_VI31T622_tamper.pdf

The following is the spec sheet on the Danfoss RA2000 1PS
    which is the TRV you want for 1 pipe steam. Note the accessories at the bottom of the sheet which are the same as listed in the link above. I just put in the first link as it has a better description of the tamper accessories.

http://na.heating.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/RA2000 1PS_DS.pdf

I don't know where you can get these specific parts though you should be able to order them through your local supply store that handles Danfoss or you could contact Danfoss at the address at the bottom of the 2nd spec sheet and they could direct you where to get them.

- Rod

• an old wrench puller
    an old wrench puller Member Posts: 73
    tamper proof

TA (tour and andersson) made a head that had adjustable pins hidden under it. you could set it for high and low temp adjustment or so it wouldnt move at all. The smarter occupents would learn to simply pull the heads off, no matter what the brand....
  • Barbarossa_3
    Barbarossa_3 Member Posts: 2
    Tamper proof?

Heck I have seen Ice Bags on T Stats.

• LOL.. the ICE bags! Reminds me of my college days. Rather than a bottle of wine and flowers, I used to take a 10 lb bag of ice to my girlfriend's apartment to put on the locked plastic enclosure surrounding the thermostat. That got her heated up much more quickly than wine and flowers!

- Rod
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Heat

Seldom needed a heatsource at all 40 years ago, we generated our own. Different story noe that I am in my fifties
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    tamper-proof

sounds like you need a tamper-proof thermostat, like a visionpro with the remote indoor sensor in the hot apt, and the control part in a locked area, that way when the temp gets up the whole system goes off. then if there are any complaints from other tennants about being too cold, you can take some of the money you did not spend on TRV's, and install proper vents, and a vaporstat, and get those up and running. i suspect that your over-heated apartment is a sign of system unbalance, and i can imagine many dollars flying out the window, and up the chimney!--nbc
This discussion has been closed.