Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

codes

Ken Sappio
Ken Sappio Member Posts: 16
I am getting ready to install a 15 PSI steam boiler for an industrial heating process.

I was looking at the ASME 2007 Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, sections I and IV but they seem to deal mostly with the construction of boilers, I am more interested in codes dealing with boiler installation since that is what I will be doing. Does ASME have a code book for installation? I need to know such things as what type of pipe to use for the blow-down seperator or the size of pipe for the safety valve, etc.

Hope you can help.

Ken Sappio

Comments

• Bob D._2
    Bob D._2 Member Posts: 34
    Where to begin?

Since nobody else has pitched in yet, I guess I'll start: (a) Your local jurisdiction (State or City Codes, may have adopted ICC, SBC, ICBO, etc., or written their own), (b) ASME B31.9, Building Services Piping, for boiler external piping <15 PSIG, (c) NFPA 31, Installation of Oil Burning Equipment, if oil fired, (d) NFPA 54, National Fuel Gas Code, if gas fired, (e) National Electrical Code, and (e) The boiler Manufacturer's Installation Instructions, if you don't follow this, all the others will fry you anyway.
    Like the Veg-O-Matic commercial says, "But wait, there's more!". . . . .
This discussion has been closed.