Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

See snake?

JK_3
JK_3 Member Posts: 240
I have mine for about 18 months and am very pleased. Use it for inspections and for locating leaks in walls and ceilings.Almost eliminates cutting large holes that need repair ,instead we make quarter size holes that cand be repaired with a dollop of compound or plaster of paris.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=417&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

They are on sale at Johnstone. Anyone use them? Thinking about this for boiler / furnace inspections.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

I have one, not bad. Works pretty good for price of unit. I do not have entensions, so I can not comment on how it works with extra lenghts of wand on it. Also nice to locate wires in walls, or to loook inside wall cavities for clearances.
  • Shane_2
    Shane_2 Member Posts: 194
    Great tool

I have one, with one extra 3' extentsion. I have had mine for almost 2 years. For me, it's one of those tools that I don't know what I would do without.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Does it have the ability to save an image?
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

Mine does not, that is available on the newer, much, much more expensive model
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    the handhelds are excellent

for boiler inspections etc. we also have the large, 50' sewer size that captures images. and ebay has them by non-big name companies for much less $ than ridgid etc
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,832
    Nice for looking

inside indirect tanks. The end will fit through a 3/4" tap on a tank so you can examine coils and deposits inside the tank.

You can also peek inside various areas of mod con boilers, old radiators, etc.

It's as good as your imagination will allow.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • hank_6
    hank_6 Member Posts: 6
    see snake

Have Milwaukees version, much better than the Ridgid IMHO,although the Ridgid is a nice tool.Used it the other day to show a homeowner a crack in a heat exchanger that was really tough to locate due to the horizontal nature of the system (20 yr old Carrier) on a furnace..remove the high limit on a furnace and check to see if the "wedding rings" are still intact on older Goodman and comparible furnaces. also many other uses, well worth the investment.
    HANK
  • I have one too Tim,

as many have stated, very handy for many things, hidden leaks or inspections.
    Have used mine for looking in obstructed toilet bowls, unfortunately it will not make the turn around its trap but it does narrow down the obstruction point.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.