Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

small water boiler (Robert O'Connor/ NJ)

here's a tiny water boiler I did yesterday. When I gave her the price she agreed too quickly (rut row). I know this ladies uncle so I gave her a substantial break but I had to ask if she got, or was going to get other prices and she said "no". When I showed up yesterday morning to start, there was the uncle, and he said to me "I appreciate you doing this so cheap, she got two other prices and you were the cheapest by over two grand" AAArrrggghh!!

Leaving two grand on table never feels good. Grumbling under my breath the whole time and quickly banging this one out. Some guys only post their very best work. Some guys just bash other peoples work but never post anything they have done. Well this one certainly isn't the best, but I put it out there anyway.

Robert O'Connor/NJ

Comments

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    good job

DAMN NICE JOB. looks like you gave them way more than you had to
  • jp_2
    jp_2 Member Posts: 1,935
    ???????????

i do not gauge my quality of workmanship based at price.
  • Michael Wilson
    Michael Wilson Member Posts: 46
    Looks good

I see the most important part of the job stuck to the new junction box! ;-)

The boiler looks like a Williamson... are they and Thermoflo partners?

Looks good Robert!

Mike
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    jp

Posted any pictures of your work jp?

Anything wrong with my install?
  • Robert...

What you may consider your worst is far better then most others best.....I'd be proud. To me its important to give the best value on most projects, not necessarily the prettiest work. All the extra time to make everything pretty can go into better equipment and overall quality of configuration. Making it pretty is still fun though.

Boilerpro

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,284
    Nice work, Robert.

With that autograph, that expansion tank is gonna be worth something some day.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    nice work

also looks like you taught class while you installed? what's with the desks beside it? once again, looks good to me, and I'm an oil guy. peace
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Thank you!

Johnny NY, now that is funny. That tank will be worth about a nickle sooner or later but I'm smiling about your comment, thanks. Mike_the_plumber, I'm not sure what the deal is with Thermoflo & Williamson. I only know the piping is pretty much the same as the WM and the quality is there. The boiler is pretty much exactly like the WM but 300+ dollars cheaper, thank you for your comment too!
    Getting a thumbs up from a guy named Boilerpro has got to be a plus. Thank you Boilerpro (nice name!)
    Billtwocase the desk belongs to the homeowner. She is a retired teacher that still tutors, Thanks!

still waiting for jp's wall post.....anyway thanks for lookin'and your comment jp!

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • Mac P&H
    Mac P&H Member Posts: 3

Nice job Robert, Did you use IFC pumps?
  • Don't hold your breath

waiting for jp's job pics .

Nice work Bob . Most would just do a 4 coupling chop job . To take the extra time to do a nice clean install on a budget job speaks volumes about your character .
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Ron Jr.

Thanks Ron. I Didn't have to use the "shoehorn" you typically have to. Lotsa room here.

Macplumber: Thanks!
    IFC's not in this budget

Robert O'Connor/NJ
This discussion has been closed.