Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

beckett ignitor

Rick K
Rick K Member Posts: 13
Have you tried contacting Charlie Masone from Beckett? Hes usually on top of that kind of stuff.

Comments

• Sissy
    Sissy Member Posts: 31

Has anyone else had random ignitor failures, where the ignitor works for 15-20 cycles then fails once? Then when reset is pressed same thing NUISANCE lock outs? I have noticed a pattern that it is usually in a system with intermittent ignition.
  • maine rick
    maine rick Member Posts: 107

i've had that happen with only the carlin brand for beckett burners. some would run fine for a week go to the house and would fire up ok, after two trips and nozzle changes i changed out the transformer no call backs.i've change over to the allison transformers they pack 17000 volts.
  • Sissy

Thanks Rick, I've only noticed this in the past 9-12 months with genuine beckett ignitors. The problem is that they ohm out "good" and generally do not fail when you want them to. ON WATCH always shows an igniton problem after a day or three.
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315

Make sure they are wired for interrupted ignition only. They don't like to be powered up for very long.
  • Sissy

That seems to be what is happening, but I guess that means no more 3 wire primary controls(which is probably a very good thing). Is there any acknowledgement from beckett? The only concern I have is recommending a new primary control with an ignitor replacement- it does sound fishy.
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315

Our techs have been instructed that if they install an ignitor they need to replace the primary if it's a 3 wire type.
  • Sissy

No, I haven't yet... but I will. It's a tough sell even to myself, ohms out ok works when you test it unless you get lucky enough to catch it- then you have trouble duplicating the failure.
This discussion has been closed.