Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

burnham alpine

Has anyone installed one yet. pros cons and what ya think of them installing first one next week

Comments

• Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    I'm interested...

..in how the install goes for you. Keep us posted. Let us know what you think.
    Ross
  • Looked into ...

I looked into using one for a job. Found out it is not made for wall hung application.

Didn't use it.
  • mark o
    mark o Member Posts: 12
    alpine

Just went throught the factory assembly line and training for it last week..... I think is is a winner and I do believe if installed and piped well to keep the flow and delta T right through the boiler it will be great. I do believe that water quality is an issue . They do have very specific venting instructions which do need to be followed, and the max circulator amps the board can handle is 2 amps which Is the only thing I dont like. But any seasoned boiler guy should be fine
    Mark Overly.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    first one for me

In the process of installing my first one cant wait to fire it off. My questions/concerns are how to properly transition from burnham supplied cpvc to sched 40 pvc what type cement works on both as think I will be using a pvc coupling...next question is this house has a once converted qravity system feed and returns are 1.5 inch should I reduce to .75...Other than that I will go strictly by the book and Iam sure it will work JA
This discussion has been closed.