Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Utica UB 90-200

john p_2
john p_2 Member Posts: 367
My aquastat set for 190, thermometer on supply header reads 185 when burner cuts out, if the room thermostat not satisfied the circulator stays on and I notice thermometer jumps upto 195 and burner re-ignites at about 175. Shouldnt the water drop alittle more before re-igniting and why would the temp rise like that after burner shuts off?

Comments

• john p_2
    Utica UB 90-200 cycling too much

My aquastat set for 190, thermometer on supply header reads 185 when burner cuts out, if the room thermostat not satisfied the circulator stays on and I notice thermometer jumps upto 195 and burner re-ignites at about 175. Shouldnt the water drop alittle more before re-igniting and why would the temp rise like that after burner shuts off?
  • john p_2
    Utica UB 90-200 cycling too much

• steve_196
    steve_196 Member Posts: 33
    Ub90-200

Is the water flowing the right way through the boiler. If the circulator continues to run,where is all the additional heat coming from if not the burner. The boiler will refire afte the differential built into the high limit.
This discussion has been closed.