Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mad Dog needs Jacuzzi cleaning advice...................

Options
Al_19
Al_19 Member Posts: 170
I think Hot Rod just finished building a portable, solar powered, high pressure steam generator just for cleaning jacuzzis.

But seriously, what is your gook made of? Vinegar is usually used to cut calcium/lime scale like you sometimes get in your shower head.

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,033
    Options
    Is it vinegar and warm water that...............................

cleans the gook out of the jets????? Wife is awaiting OUR answer. Thanks guys. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Options
    If only I had 125PSI steam available at home

I rather think ordinary laundry bleach should do the trick, but I have never cleaned a Jacuzzi so I don't know what is and is not compatible with the materials the bath is made of. Just pouring the bleach on should make everything go away. Then a good rinse, and you're back in business.

Or... the much better idea:

Steam cleaning works great, there are small portable steam generators for home use that allow you to clean things with no soaps or chemicals. Of course, I have one such machine, it is yellow, the Eureka multi purpose steam cleaner. It is surprisingly effective in taking away stains without any hard scrubbing work, but it's just kind of slow. :)
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Options
    I second

the bleach MD. If you want go to the spa pool supply store the have a product specific to clean jacuzzi and spa jets.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Seen some pretty ugly

blck mold looking effluent bealch from Jacuzzi jets in my lifetime. Fairly common in resort town condo that are used infrequently.

Might want to use some bleach or other strong cleaner.

If it's just hard water build up CLR works well. Becareful with chromed plastic parts.

hot rod

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Perhaps a bit late...

... but this is the reason we went with air-powered jets. The whole system dries itself after each use and where there is no water, you can't have mold... at least I haven't seen any yet.
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    I agree Constantin

Mad Dog

From what I remember, Jacuzzi recommends filling the tub w/ hot water up to the jets, and adding a cleaning solution to the hot water, then run the unit for 1/2 hour to clean system. I would use caution w/ bleach, because if you do not dilute enough could ruin the seals in the pump, etc. Also you should have a very small, flexible brush that fits in the jets to get the visible soap scum. Be careful not to use a brush that has a sharp wire core!

Try Jacuzzi's website, and use the whirlpool more often!!

Hindsight- this is why I fight hard with homeowners to always buy whirlpools using air jets. Better for occasional users, because most (all) brands include timer controls that dry out the system for 10-20 minutes after using the tub.

Cosmo
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Options
    from the manufcturer

Hi Matt,

We put in an American Standard earlier this year and the instructions said: Fill tub with warm water and add two teaspoons of powdered dishwasher detergent (I used the liquid stuff) plus one half cup of bleach and run it for two minutes then drain and refill with cold water and run for five minutes. They say to do it once a month.
    Straight from A.S. Seemed to work for me. So there you go.

Larry
  • Jerry Parker
    Jerry Parker Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Cleaning jets in a spa or jetted tub

We manufacture a wonderful and inexpensive product that cleans and scrubs the infrastructure plumbing lines and return jets. It is called Spa Genie. This gel is a non-toxic substance that we sell to thousands of spa and jetted bath owners. With the spa or jetted tub filled with water, add a tablespoon of the gel, start the pump so the water is agitated, and watch the brown scum come to the surface. It is incredible stuff. You only have to do this once in a spa if you continue to use the product on a weekly basis. Jetted tubs have to be purged every 4 months or so. Our product comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. It sells for $19.95 for a 2 ounce container or $59.85 for a 4 Pack. (you get one free). Our website is www.poolproducts.com. We also sell a product for pools called Pool Genie. With the Genie you need about 1/5 of the chlorine or sanitizer that you normally use. Plus, the Genie will work with your filter to make your water the cleanest, freshest, and most brilliant you have ever seen. The pool genie sells for the same price except that the containers are 6 ounces. Thanks for the opportunity to tell you about these products.
This discussion has been closed.