Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Feed Control Question

Options
I recently bid on a job to replace a boiler feed system and hot water storage tank for a 200 HP LP steam boiler. At the same industrial facility that needs the new system, there was also another new boiler feed installed last year for another boiler room for a 300HP LP steam boiler. Not only did I bid on the new system, but I recommended replacing the float type water feeder with an external water feeder to prevent the float being adversely affected by the steam pre-heater. I also recommended installing a LWCO to protect the simplex multistage centrifugal pump already in service.

I am going to get the order.

However,

I forgot to check the boiler feed system already in service for tappings and my contractor does not want to weld tappings into the tank. The question is: I have the option of using a combination water feeder, LWCO using the gauge glass tappings. Has anyone ever used this type of system and is there any problems with using a combination Mcdonnell Miller control? I would greatly appreciate any feedback anyone could offer and any experiences or other ideas someone might have.

Comments

• frank_25
    frank_25 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    from where I sit.....

A 200HP steamer needs a boiler feed tank. I've used McM/M 157 as the pump controller, and a 150 as back up lwco. Dump your metered make up water into the BFT, controlled by a water feeder. If there is any bottom outlet, and any top outlet, you could use a 67 on a water column opening a solunoid valve. [ spelling don't count here ]
    BWDIK?IJAP
This discussion has been closed.