Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Room Thermostat

Options
George_15
George_15 Member Posts: 24
I would like to use a Taco 568-14 thermostat to replace my exisiting Honeywell T87 thermostat. I have a hot water gas boiler but no Taco zone valves. Instead, I have Honeywell relays that control the booster pumps.

The Taco 568-14 room thermostat is designed for control of Taco Zone valves. It is a simple thermostat with a positive snap action switch and a spiral type bi-metal element for sensitive control. It doesnt have a mercury switch like the Honywell does.

Can I use this Taco thermostat in place of the honeywell T87? Thanks!!

Comments

• George_15
    Options
    Taco Room Thermostat

I would like to use a Taco 568-14 thermostat to replace my exisiting Honeywell T87 thermostat. I have a hot water gas boiler but no Taco zone valves. Instead, I have Honeywell relays that control the booster pumps.

The Taco 568-14 room thermostat is designed for control of Taco Zone valves. It is a simple thermostat with a positive snap action switch and a spiral type bi-metal element for sensitive control. It doesnt have a mercury switch like the Honywell does.

Can I use this Taco thermostat in place of the honeywell T87? Thanks!!
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

This same question came into every technician at Taco as well.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • George_15
    Options

wonderful... and the answer is...??
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

Hi George
    Here is Mario's correspondence from this morning. Truthfully, I thought he answered you directly, but after reviewing it I noticed he didn't give you a specific yes, or no. The answer is yes, the T87 is equivalent to the Taco 568-20 analog thermostat. Thank you, for using Taco products, and do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have additional questions or concerns.

Hello George, the Taco stat is just a switch like any other thermostat including the mercury switch type. The part number you reference (568-14) is obsolete; the current model would be 568-20. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Regards,
    Mario Silva
    Technical Services
    Taco Inc.
    mailto:marsil@taco-hvac.com
    Tel: 401-942-8000 x364
    Fax: 401-942-2360
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
This discussion has been closed.