Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dan

Options
S Ebels
S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
My youngest son Matthew has taken to reading your books, some of which we picked up at the seminar in Grand Rapids and some of which I already had in my library. He'll be reading along and I'll suddenly hear him laughing at one of your analogies. In addition, he'll come up to me and tell me about what he's reading or ask questions about this, that and the other thing he's come across in the current book he's got in his paws.

I have to say that as much as I've talked to him about this trade I love, his interest was piqued by hearing you talk about the old days of steam at the GR seminar.

I just wanted to publicly say thanks for helping me create another Wethead. He'll probably show up on the Wall some day.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    I hope he does show up.

Thanks for making it all worth it, Steve.
    Retired and loving it.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Steve AND Dan...

If it weren't for the reading of Mr. Holohan's articles when I started in the field, I will fully admit that I would have become bored at an early stage.(Now I'm showing BOTH our ages Pal!)

The writing style is geared toward the "Cellar Dweller" and the humor injected into it makes it all worthwile. Once you see that it isn't just YOU, facing these problems and dilemas on a daily basis it becomes a way of laughing AT, as well as WITH yourself.

Of course, it also is one of the many ways to LEARN our great trade, but more importantly a way to teach at a different level....OURS !

Great post Steve. Glad to hear that Jr. is learning from the best. A special thanks to Dan too ! I think I might be asking "Do you want fries with that" if it wasn't for his captive and funny style of teaching lessons.

Steve, you deal with oil at all? (I know you do!) Check out some of the Bruce and Bubba stories from FireDragon. They work in much the same way .... Chris
This discussion has been closed.