Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How do you rate the PurePro Trio oil-fired boiler?

It is a Biasi boiler. 3 pass design and holds a low water content. We have installed a few with no problems and they pair nicely with a Tekmar 260 weather responsive control.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=576&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• jeanRR
    jeanRR Member Posts: 37
    PurePro Trio oil-fired hot water boiler --

A contractor wants to replace my 21-year-old Weil-McLain boiler with a new PurePro Trio boiler. Other than the description in the brochure and a few online comments, there seems to be little mention of the Trio -- its performance, reliability, longevity, etc. I am curious to know how the Trio rates against other high-efficiency boilers. Would other boilers in the same range be better choices? Any advice you have on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for listening.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318

I just installed one for a customer and I like the units. The blocks are used in other boilers and as a contractor I will be installing more of them. It is the rest of what he does that will be of issue not the boiler.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Dan C.
    Dan C. Member Posts: 248

I am pretty sure it's another manufacturers boiler and webb just puts their name on it. Thats what most of the purepro stuff is.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jeanRR

It is the rest of what he does that will be of issue not the boiler. -- I keep hearing that, so it must be true. Would you say the energy control unit (option?) adds to the Trio's appeal? Also, if the installation is the most important thing, then could one choose from many different brands (Peerless, Weil-McLain, Burnham, Bryant...) and still get equally good results? (I'm new here myself.)
  • jeanRR

Yeah, it's former (or other) name is Solaia, by Columbia or some such company. You don't hear much about that, either. Someone said the reason Weil-McLain (sp?) is so popular, is because it's the most advertised.
  • Dan C.
    Dan C. Member Posts: 248

It doesn't really matter that much. You should go with the installer that is most qualified and will stand behind what they sell.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • kpc_54
    kpc_54 Member Posts: 15
    the Solaia

is mention a lot here. I belive Steamhead has installed many. You need to be comfortable w/ the installer... a bad install of any boiler wiill give you terrible boiler life, poor fuel use and a lot of headaches...kpc
  • Right

We like the Solaia, and the Trio is similar. Both are based on the Biasi design.

• Erich_3
    Erich_3 Member Posts: 135
    Look Closely

The Pure Pro is a boiler that is sold by F.W. Webb a heating supply house. They do not make the boiler. I believe you are better off buying a boiler that is sold and made by a manufacturer rather than a rebadged product that is exclusive to one supply company. You will be able to get better support and there will be better research and development and better technical advice. There will also usually be better parts availability. In your case I would look at a System 2000 made by Energy Kinetics. Here is their web site and you can read about it.
    http://www.energykinetics.com/index.shtml

Installation quality is all important but so is boiler quality. If you sign a contract include the provision that the boiler shall be installed according to the manufacturer's installation manual. If the installer will not agree to that, look elsewhere.
    reedeverymearsyinc
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318

FW Webb has been around for over a hundred years. Any product they are willing to tie there name to can be trusted in my book. I think it was a record time in the slow department before system 200 showed up. For life of your boiler cast iron has the track record and the Baxi block is well tested and a well respected manufacturer of boilers from Europe.

Edit sorry Biasi block not baxi. I always confuse them. Thanks for catching that guys.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
    mearsyinc
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171
    Solaia = Biasi = PurePro

Very nice three pass boiler! Basic unit that will get the job done, and just about any supply house will have parts on the shelf.Most service vans too, have installed many with on problems
    mearsyinc
  • kpc_54
    kpc_54 Member Posts: 15
    which model

biasi?
  • jeanRR
    Thanks for your input

Thanks for the helpful advice, guys. I feel better about the Trio now.
  • sproorda
    sproorda Member Posts: 4
    Very impressed with the trio

I just got done installing a trio boiler for my girlfriends parents. They had a early 90's 130k btu peerless with a coil that was on its way out. I compared the 3 section trio against a few others and for the price and setup, its very hard to beat. I got it with the energy manager plus II which has a built in honeywell aq250 zoning relay with prepurge and hydrolevel 3250 that does ODR with supply and return sensors for thermal targeting. It all comes prewired so its very easy to install.  I also ordered the purepro 40 gal indirect tank which is a amtrol. here are a few pictures
    reedevery
This discussion has been closed.