Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

riello direct vent

Sissy
Sissy Member Posts: 31
I was on a no heat call last night, it was a buderus direct vent set up with a riello. The burner has post purge (little add on relay from riello)and the burner motor had been running for over an hour with the oil valve closed. It was off on reset, I went through the fuel system and all returned to normal. My question is with a post purge kit is it possible that the oil valve could fail open and allow saturation?

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,931
    Old Style Oil Valves

>
    The old style valve with out the tapered top on the shaft use to hang open . The burner would start prepurge and send in fuel ,then ignite with a BANG ! I have not seen it with the new style .

Surprised the post purge never shut down..

I seen direct vents with the old board seem to get stuck in post purge with bad adjustments and nozzles . It will run prepurge , try to light off but don't , go in post purge for a while and tries to relight again.

A shorted out eye would keep it in prepurge too.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Sissy
    Sissy Member Posts: 31

To be honest, I'm not sure if it was in pre, or post purge. It was off on reset and the burner motor was running with the delay valve closed. I think this must be because of the post purge relay? I think the old style stems had some type of ball bearing which could hang up or possibly get some debris under them to cause them to remain open... I hope this is no longer possible.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,931
    Odd

It's odd for staying in post purge when it falls into safety . I would give a call to Riello to double check ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.