Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

EK System 2000 install ( Ron Jr. )

when you'd chime in , whoever you are .

I have all the answers to your questions .

Before I answer , I'd like to know who I'm conversing with .

Normally I won't open a dialog with someone that assumes a name , has a fake email addy and stretches the truth to go on a personal crusade to bash a certain manufacturer's equipment ( very cowardly conduct I might add ) . But for you I'll make an exception .

You can email me privatley . Mine is the real deal ....... I'll keep everything you write confidential . We all know how you enjoy your anonimity :)

Till then I'll put you on my pay no mind list .

Ron Jr. Installer , Meenan Oil , Long Island .

ropski69@aol.com

Comments

• This was in Glen Cove , NY

A real mess of piping and wiring . 2 zones of heat , one of them was radiant . Magic marrker on the side of the water heater said it was installed in '97 by ....... me ? Funny that I don't have any recollection of it .
  • EK and tank

Kenny and Sal were my partners on this one . Everyone in my shop is in agreement - We'd rather install an EK than any other system . Very quiet , super efficient , and a breeze to service . Energy Kinetics makes an amazing product .
  • don_201
    don_201 Member Posts: 19
    You know

You know back in the old days one would say when you go back to replace equipment you put in many moons ago, you must be getting old.

I'm not so sure that hold true any longer.

Nice work as always Ron.It seem you guys are starting to go after more boiler replacement where you have plenty of room.Whats up with that?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    As usual!

Another beautiful job!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357

When put in and serviced well As this one looks I am sure they are a dream. I saw a burnham younger than that weil that looked as bad but it was never serviced well buy the look of things. If I ever get a customer with one I promise to contact EK direct.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 441
    WOW!

Just like a bottle of wine, he improves as he ages.
  • Don

You might be right about that . With oil fired heaters that is . 10 to 15 years is the average lifespan . Funny thing is the out of business Ford water heaters lasted 20 to 30 .

This was a luxury . Here's a pic of the boiler we replaced the day before . Thanks Don .
  • Thanks Bob

I'm still shocked at how quiet these boilers run . I was reading the thread about EK vs the blueflame Buderus and noise levels . I've heard both brands running and without a doubt the EK is quieter .
  • All it takes

is to remove 3 nuts and the whole burner door swings down . With the height of the burner off the floor , servicing the unit is arguably the easiest of any oil fired appliance .
  • And

I feel like I'm getting older faster :) Thanks alot Ron .
  • kpc_54
    kpc_54 Member Posts: 15
    one thing...

that I have always liked about them is the stand/ pedestal that they come on... gets it off the ground, makes it easy to work on and looks very clean... very nice job Ron. Strange to see 1 zone valve on a single zone job....kpc
  • Yep

We used the zone valve on single zone EKs before . The boiler needs to hit 140 before it'll let water flow through the system . This job was actually 2 zones . The radiant zone needed it's own circ to pull through the mixer . We powered a RIB relay from the zone valve contacts to power the circ . We were going to add a zone valve with the circ for the radiant , thinking the boiler circ would push water into the radiant zone all the time . But the mixer and flowcheck put up enough resistence .

Thanks alot Kevin .
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 441
    Your Welcome

and we are getting older faster!
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,260
    EK

Ron,

You and your crew do great work! I am not familiar with EK but it looks sharp. -DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.