Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Survey of old ornate radiator types please, Tim

Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
a Chinese mfg. company...they can copy anything. It's very unlikely any US manufacturer will re-cast the old styles again. The costs of manufacturing and limited demand don't make much business sense. Burnham's the exception, but the Classic radiator(s) are not available in 36" heights.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Looking for what you all see to be most prevalent for old

ornate cast iron column type radiators. We see mostly American Rococo out here, what do you see. Are they the most widely used from the 1920s to 30s. Need this to see if trying to get repros made in quantity would be worth it. Thanks all, Tim I mainly want to see if the Rococco's were the most common in the east coast as they seem to be here in the northwest over other fancy cast rads. Here is the type I am talking about.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    where is out here?

where are you? how about some pix of your local rads!-nbc
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,931
    Burnham

Burnham makes a nice ornate cast iron radiator. Check their site.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• tim smith
    The Burnhams are just not close enough of a match,

I have been looking into this for quite a while but still seeing if I can make sense of it. Thanks, Tim
  • The Rococo

seems to be the most common around Baltimore. Are you going to do the steam-only or the hot-water pattern?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tim smith
    Thanks Steamhead, I would do the water config

that way could be used on both. Tim
This discussion has been closed.