Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

20 year old steam boiler and system questions

Could you post a picture of the near boiler piping so we can see what it looks like?

Thanks, Bob Gagnon

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=331&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Brian D
    Brian D Member Posts: 4
    old steam system

We have a 20 year old oil fired steam boiler. I have read the 'We got steam heat' book by Dan Holohan. Based on what I'm reading, the system we have has several problems. 1. no relief valves at the end of the two runs. (can't find an end to the pipes, just a last radiator)2. There is a copper pipe as a return on the Hartford Loop. 3. some radiators get hot, some don't. No banging, but sometimes some of the runs get hot, and sometimes not. The system was installed originally as coal 100 years ago. Can anyone help?
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 612
    Where

are you located?
  • Brian D

We are in hanover, MA
  • Brian D

I'll take some pictures tonight and e-mail them tomorrow. Thanks Brian
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,405
    Your best bet, Brian is getting a Steam Pro from this site

Go to Find A Professional, put in your zipcode, and get the best steam guy first, the one closest to you second...where are you located? Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Nelson_4
    Nelson_4 Member Posts: 38

I highly recommend Norm Harvey. (781) 812-1472. He is based in Weymouth, MA.
  • Brian D

Thank You, I already did call him from the internet list that came up on heatinghelp website. Brian
This discussion has been closed.