Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HB Smith series 8 W-5

Jed_2
Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
Sounds like "stolen market goods" to me. What are you looking for, steam or hot water? S/W means "S"team or "W"ater.

Jed

Comments

• shoogeteene
    shoogeteene Member Posts: 7
    HB Smith series 8 W-5

I know questions about prices on installation quotes are not allowed and impossible to answer due to the many variables involved, but I was wondering if it would be ok to ask if a price in the range of $800 to $900 unit only for a HB smith Series 8 S/W-5 new in crate is reasonable. It sure seems so, but I can’t find any price list to compare. Thanks and please accept my apologies if this question is out of line
  • What a Baahgain!

sure is! Be careful that's a five section boiler, which for most homes is over size
  • shoogeteene

Well, I “was” looking for a hot water boiler to replace my old one, which was a converted "United States Radiator Corporation" steam boiler that finally gave up the ghost. Not sure why, but I'm really gonna miss that old dinosaur. Anyway, I ended up buying a three year old Weil-McLain gold series 3 wgo-4 for $600 locally from a guy who recently converted over to gas. The Smith is still available online if anyone is interested, but I'm not sure if it's against forum rules to say where so I won't unless I’m told it’s ok.
  • kpc_54
    kpc_54 Member Posts: 15
    why not...

people post stuff from ebay all the time....
  • shoogeteene
    why not indeed!...

Actually I'm new to this site and since I couldn't find any forum rules I figured, better safe than sorry. Anyway, the boiler is on ebay, not sure what the item # is but just search fo "Smith 8-W-5 Oil Burner" and it should pop up.
This discussion has been closed.