Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bacharach Fyrite insight

maine rick
maine rick Member Posts: 107
hi rudy
can you say the cost or is this only sold thruogh the supply house's. i just sent my testo out for cal.
and we are checking on a second unit if cost is with in our means.

Comments

• Dan C.
    Dan C. Member Posts: 248

I am looking for a new analyzer. I have a Fyrite tech right now and every time something breaks I am without it until I get it back from the factory. I was going to buy a new one and keep my old one as a backup. I just went on the Bacharach website and noticed they have a new one called Fyrite insight. Has anyone bought/used this yet. I didn't even know about it until now. I just watched the video on the website and am thinking about buying it.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Rudy_5
    Rudy_5 Member Posts: 10
    Fyrite Insight

Hi Dan, I’ve been using the Insight since last July. I’ve dropped it, hammered it with 15,000ppm CO, let it suck a lot of smoke and just generally abused it – it is still working great!

You can easily replace the sensors yourself and should never need to send it in for calibration.

It is fully customizable and you can update the software on line, you can even have your company’s contact info print out on the printer along with your company logo.

If you have any questions, give me a call 412-576-1350.

Rudy
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Hi Rudy

I was looking at that with lust in my heart.
  • Dan C.

Thanks Rudy. What happened to the Fyrite Pro? I couldn't find it on the website.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Rudy_5
    Insight

The Insight replaced the Fyrite Pro.

They even have a trade in program where you send in your old electronic analyzer with a copy of the Insight invoice - in exchange you will recieve two calibrated CO sensors so you won't have to worry about calibration of the CO sensor for three years.

The O2 sensor is the same one as is in the commercial/industrial instruments which means it doesn't need to be calibrated like the Pro's - it zeros itself every time you turn it on. And like you saw in the video, to replace it, all you do is open the battery door, unplug it and plug in the new one.

To calibrate the thermocouple channels, all you need is 212 degrees and 32 degrees - boiling water and an ice cold beverage of your choice!!

It will be very low maintenance.
  • So far,,,

I still love mine. ;)
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    What about cold weather?

The question I get most often is: can I leave it in the van overnight?

Jed
  • Mine,

stays in the truck. No problems that I am aware of.
  • Rudy_5
    Insight

Cold won't 'hurt' anybody's instruments - the sensors are rated down to something like 70 below zero.

What I have seen happen is when moist flue gases hit the head of a cold plastic O2 sensor the moisture condenses and may temporarily plug the intake hole.

Nice thing about the Insight O2 sensor is the 'hole' is about 1/2 inch in diameter - it would have to get really wet to seal it off.

Probably more important than cold is letting the instrument run for a couple of minutes before you turn it off.

You can set the Insight up so when you press the off button, it automatically post purges for whatever time you select.

Speaking of the Off/On button, the other thing we did is instead of the universal symbol for on/off (I/O), it says "Power" because it's made in America!!
  • Rudy_5
    (Hi Mark!!)

• Dan C.

If it is as low maintenence as you say, then it sounds like it's what I need.

• Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Made in America

means alot.
  • don_201
    don_201 Member Posts: 19
    That 1/2

That 1/2 inch hole for the o2 sensor.Does that mean it will need to be change more often being..its got a bigger set of lungs and will now be breathing more o2 even in the off cycle?

• Rudy_5
    Hi Rick

I guess I can give you the 'list price' without getting in trouble.....

List is $1,049 for the basic unit, $1,399 for the reporting package which means it comes with the printer and software to download the test results to a spreadsheet. The softare also allows you to upload your company logo so it will print out.
  • Rudy_5
    Hi Don

I'm not smart enough to understand sensor technology but I am very familiar with this O2 sensor. Bacharach has been using it for some time now and is why they decided to use it in the Insight. You will get 2+ years out of it I'm certain.

Also, since they are going to one O2 sensor for most of the analyzers, it will make sense for distributors to stock a couple so they will be more available.
  • Rudy_5
    Thanks Mark!!

• Dan C.

Hey Rudy,
    If I buy the INSIGHT Basic - Part No. 0024-8250 does that come with a case? I don't want to buy the printer and software and all of that other stuff.

• maine rick
    maine rick Member Posts: 107
    dan c / rudy

dan if you down load the book it show's what comes with the basic unit and the case is listed with the basic unit.
    rudy nice to talk to you. i talked to my co-owner and he checked out the webb site and we just placed the order for one.
    thanks for helping
    maine rick
  • Rudy_5
    Thanks Rick, enjoyed talking with you as well

Hi Dan, like Rick said, the Basic comes with a hard shell case, heavy duty hose and probe assembly and the fittings to do gas pressure.

I'd suggest you reconsider not getting the printer and software. Haveing the ability to leave a print out copy of the customers test results with your contact info and company logo would certainly pay for itself in a couple of months.
  • Rudy_5
    Hi Tom

Yes, it is the same printer Bacharach used for the more recent Pro's. If it is a really old one, they used an HP printer that is not available anymore.

There is a real easy way to tell, get your Pro out and call me, it will just take a minute to figure it out.
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 358
    Three years..........

I am confused.You state in another post that the sensors will last two years plus.If one comes in the unit and we send back our old "junk" testers for two new sensors that would seem to indicate three sensors times two years life equals six years not two?I would think that us who got the previous junk you were selling should get more compensation for our losses.I firmly believe in buying American but when American companies sell us a product that has serious problems and do not make it right my loyalty is wavering.We all make mistakes but what separates the men from the boys is if you make them right.I am very bitter about the life span "less than 50 samples" of the old units.I think you should step up to the plate on this.

John
  • Rudy_5
    Let me clairify

John, sorry for the confusion.

The O2 sensors will last two years if properly maintained.

The CO sensors (in my experience) will last 3 to 7 years but they do need to be calibrated once a year. The CO sensors will drift about 1//2% a month so if I use 500 ppm gas to calibrate a sensor, a year later I'd expect it to read 480ppm on the same cal gas.

The sensor exchange program I referred to sends you a calibrated CO sensor. O2 sensors are warranted for two years on a new instrument, replacement O2 sensors are warranted for 1 year.

As far as your other comments, I've seen Bacharach clearly give customers the benifit of the doubt when there were problems with instruments - most often I've seen pumps packed with soot or soaking wet sensors, customer issues that once the customer minimized smoke and let the instruments post purge for a few minutes after use, the problems went away.

I've posted my phone number here on many occasions, if you think you've been taken advantage of, call me and we'll figure out what's going on.

Rudy
    412-576-1350
  • Rich Bruno
    Rich Bruno Member Posts: 12
    Insight

Hi all,

I'm the regional manager for Bacharach, plus wqe have a local rep, Bill Gluckin from Comfort Zone Sales. If you need a demo just let me know, either me or Bill would be happy to give you a test drive.

Rich Bruno
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 358
    What.....

region Rich we are international here?

John
This discussion has been closed.