Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pulled threads

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
I appreciate that.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611
    pulled threads

I hate to see threads come down, especially when I miss the final action.

What sort of trash did Rob find himself on the receiving end of ?

I'v been on the receiving side of wall anger, remember the price of gas thread? Or more recently Perry's very informative lecture/digression on the state of reactor vessel manufacturing capacity, that was sandwiched between some mundane Vissmann Vs. Prestige business that got a bit too charged.

I think people can say things that other people don't want to hear and still be within the boundaries of what is "civil". In-fact it is in this discourse that things often get "interesting" . It's a fine line.

Dan, are you getting a bit stricter with conduct? Also why not censor individuals as opposed to bringing entire threads down?
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Bots?

Bots. I am making millions for folks that want to send me money.

I sold my pipe wrenches to a guy in Nigeria.
  • DanHolohan
    Personal attacks

and childish name-calling have no place on the Wall, Scott. I pull the thread when it gets like that. If people acted like grown-up professionals, I would not have to do this. Disagree, but with mutual respect. That's what I'd love to see.

It's really up to you guys.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Dan

I'll behave.

Some posts just make me giggle.

You are a great host.

We will shake hands and have that beer.

Thanks,

Mark

• why not just delete the posts in question?
  • DanHolohan
    Because

when the entire thread comes down, we all share in the loss, and that makes us think about the childish name-calling and unprofessional behavior of the people who caused the loss.

At this point, I shouldn't have to be doing this, but some people still don't get it. Mutual respect, that's all it takes, Rob.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357

Dan sounds like when my boys fight over a toy. it goes away for awhile until they can play nice. Thanks for the outlet and inlet for information. I especially like knowing that despite what my wholesalers say I am not the only one who ever had an issue with product X or Y.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • DanHolohan
    I hadn't seen that,

and I have never heard that expression before, so I looked it up. The thread is gone, and so is he. My apologies.

So much hatred in the world. So sad.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    threads and posters

Well, we all do need to be respectful and civil, as our new president proposes. However I have a friend who is on the genius/crazy border and it's a mental challenge to see which sometimes. Heck, I still miss FFP. Guy would make me laugh till I cried. Still if it's on the border best to squash it.
  • scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611

There is something undeniably vital at the lines we draw between such things. Genius/Crazy- Civil/Rude.

How do we embrace diversity yet maintain our distinctions?

Is civil is just another word for Status Quo. I believe that a collision of perspectives is important, perhaps we must risk pushing the boundaries of civility to understand the what the term truly means.

• DanHolohan
    Mark,

I'm at this for a while. We've had lots of fights here over the past 11 years. None of them ever worked.

Being adult. Being professional. Respecting others. Being polite. Raising the bar for the industry. These things work.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Marc_21
    Marc_21 Member Posts: 6

Dan,

Good job! 95% of the bad posts are people with an agenda that everyone is not interested in! Good conversation, debates and help is always available on "The Wall".

Thanks for over 12 years of advice and conversation.

Marc
This discussion has been closed.