Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The passing of a legend

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,403
who he was, what he accomplished, what he meant to you? All ears!!!@ Mad dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=299&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Tim Lindstrom
    Tim Lindstrom Member Posts: 42
    Shad Garnett passed away yesterday

We lost a legend in the business as well as a friend.
  • Tim Lindstrom_4
    Tim Lindstrom_4 Member Posts: 6
    Shad was a Manufacturer's Representative in Colorado

Shad was the Burnham Rep in Colorado for many years but I cannot give out all the history. For the past 14 years he has been my competitor but this never stopped him from being a gentleman, a friend and a mentor. He touched many lives over the years and I'm sure there are many great stories that could be told about Shad.

Shad retired last year and I was able to attend the retirement party. The one thing that really stood out was the caliber of people that attended. This included his Son and some others close enough to Shad they could be considered family. Sadly , we will be together again at Shad's funeral Wednesday.

I hope some others will share some memories of Shad on this thread, he truly will be missed by many.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Double tragedy...

Shad lost his daughter a week ago Wednesday, and passed on himself in his sleep Saturday. My condolences to his son, Bill. Your father was a key character of the hydronics scene here in Colorado Bill, and he leaves you as a part of that legacy. For that you should be very proud.

I remember the first time I met your dad, we were doing a mountain tour, looking at Burnham boilers that were humming at the gas collector bonnet. I brought in my usual bag of tools (combustion analyzer, DMM, manometers of every ilk and range, opened my box, started taking out all of the tools of my trade to show him what was going on, and he said "You're not from around here, are you..." I said "Excuse me?" He then laughed and said "No one from around here has those tools, and very few of those that do know what to do with them!"

As TIm said, and anyone else will back up, your father was a true gentleman in the finest degree, and his leaving will take a piece of everyone's heart with him.

We have you to thank him for, and you have and will continue to do him proud.

Keep your head up Bill, it's what your father and your sister would want you to do.

My condolences to you on your tragic losses.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Wonderful services....

I have never seen more hydronic/steam heating contractors and manufacturers reps on in spot at one time...

Lot's of good memories of the Shad, and his daughter, who by the way was a victim of breast cancer.

God bless the survivors.

ME
  • Bill Garnett_3
    Bill Garnett_3 Member Posts: 1
    Shad

Thanks Tim and ME-My Dad was one of a kind, seeing all you @ the funeral honoring him was great-We have heavy hearts but know that Cindy and Shad are @ peace.
  • Tom Kane
    Tom Kane Member Posts: 56
    Shad Garnett

was part of the generation that taught the rest of us and was a true gentleman. I had an opportunity to get to know him a little better on a trip with Burnham years ago....great guy...our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
This discussion has been closed.