Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Change.... (ME)

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
And I have about 10 years to full retirement. Funny how time slips by, and the next thing you know, your 401K is a 200.5Z, and retirement is right around the corner, staring you in the face.

Time to move on.

Have bags, will travel.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,832
    Thanks!

for the notice, but more so all the knowledge you have shared over the years. I'll pass the word along.

Be sure to offer a solar component. Mention the word solar and the classes fill up to capacity ;)

Call me when you have a minute, I have some other ideas.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,337
    I have

followed the man called ME for many years and one thing that always stands out is you never shy away from a challenge, Mark.

All the best as you take on another one.

Jack
  • smart

folks will avail themselves of this opportunity to expand their knowledge and grow their business, which will enhance their value to customers and employeers alike (Live, Learn, Prosper)

• Jim Erhardt_3
    Jim Erhardt_3 Member Posts: 80

Mark, good luck with your new endeavor - no doubt may will benefit!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    The industry

is about to get wiser.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jim_65
    Jim_65 Member Posts: 184
    ME!

Thank you for the education, guidance, support and knowledge that you have generously extended to me. I am grateful that I was blessed to sit across from you every day for the past five years plus. I am a better (hydronics) man because of you and the time you have devoted to me and my development.

To those of you who attend Mark's informative gatherings you will benefit first hand. Pay attention and take detailed notes.

Mark, I know that you will succeed in everything that you are meant to do. I wish you the best! Congratulations!

Thank you again,
    Jim French n' his girls

• Jason Quinn
    Jason Quinn Member Posts: 96
    Best of Luck ME

Where and when are you training/educating in NJ?
  • Clif Heeney_2
    Clif Heeney_2 Member Posts: 53
    The Next Step!

Dear Mark!

BIG CONGRATS on your latest upward and onward journey, in life and in serving others!

If there is ever anything that I can do for you from this side of the pond, please let me know!
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    New Jersey Classes!

Sign me up!

Mike
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    I'll

look for your CT visit, Mark!
  • Wow

ME,

You are always a winner!! Best of luck in the new venture. I look forward to seeing you at a class in the near future.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

wheels
  • Mark Eatherton
    Thank you everyone...

Your support is very humbling, and extremely appreciated..

ME

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Your friends

Hey Mark, I know that you will do just fine and it is time to talk about a bright future!

Time to put on the microphone and the makeup?

Now that's a TV reality show that i will be Watching all of the time! that will be 10 X better than TOH (Das Alte Haus).

But you cannot call it the "Boiler Whisperer" as that name is taken!

Maybe Call it : DAS HEAT or TGH(This Green House)TM!

Still no opening for the ISH? or is Jersey still on?
    We are having the last meeting of all of the "Colorado Heatmeister tour" this Saturday at a "Ski Haus" in Breckenridge.. bring your bathing pants for the hottubben! Ether way you are MORE that welcome to join our Pre ISH Party! The Real Richard von der Heatin sie uppen die haus!
  • NJ Classes

Modulating Condensing Heat Sources, March 11th, Holiday Inn, Saddle Brook NJ.

Application of and inspection of Radiant Elements, March 12th Quality Inn, Toms River NJ.

The class is sponsored by the NJ Department of Community affiars, and is put on by Rutgers, the State University of NJ.

For sign up information, contact Mary Lou Giese at 732/932-3640, ext 623.

ME
  • Mark Eatherton
    Thanks Frank...

I will go wherever they want me to go and can justify the expenses,

As I said, have bags (and GPS), will travel.

ME

• I have a face made for radio....

When TOH (Ask This old House) came to Denver to do some filming, the director told me I have a face made for radio..ha ha ha :-)

All during the filming, I was huddled down in the corner, waiting for my next move. It was a fun learning experience.

Talk about your out takes, we'd gotten a Honeywell wireless thermostat and receiver base to make this job work (split zone) and the scene was the show host was finishing tighetening down the last wire, when the HO walks in and says' "How it going?", The host smiles, turns around and throws the switch for the power to the control, he turns to talk to the homeowner and tell him how it's going, when over his shoulder you see a flash, then smoke....OOOooopppsss. You could hear the director from upstairs yell, "OH ****, theres a fire over your shoulder!" (He was watching and directing from a remote in the living room upstairs.

Defective, right out of the box. Had to do another take, and fake it :-)

I actually helped some green friends do a trailer for Green Homes Show that never took off. I was best man, best sparky, grunt, grip, professor, cook and bottle washer. Now THAT was quite the experience.

I'm thinking it might be time to re-introduce that trailer to the likes of Home and Garden magazine show...

With a face made for radio :-)

ME
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    keep us posted

I would love to attend one of your classes... I am in the Allentown, PA area

Good luck in your new endeavor!!!!

cosmo
  • Darin Cook_9
    Darin Cook_9 Member Posts: 45
    Mark

Good luck in your new endeavors. I have no doubt that you will do well! Change is good.

Darin
  • bill garnett_2
    bill garnett_2 Member Posts: 21
    ME

ME-Mr Gibbs mentioned this to me and now it is official-sometimes knowledge like you have can be intimidating but you never made me feel that way-on the contrary always helpful beyond expectations best to u ME-We know where to find you, Shamrock is just finishing a training room !
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    Time waits for no one

All the best Mark.

There are a whole load of contractors out there who can use your services. I know you'll have success.

Here's to Happy Daze ( oh you know what I mean ).

Scott Milne

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mark Eatherton
    Darin, Cosmo, Bill and Scott,,,

Thank you for your kind words of support.

Bill, I look forward to teaching at Duggan U, along with professor Gibbs, er I mean Senator Gibbs :-)

Thanks to everyone for their support. I feel good about this move.

ME

• Mark Eatherton
    It's official...

I am now self enjoyed! (employed)

Thanks to the good folks at Charles D. Jones in Denver, I have my first booking on the night school. Scheduled for the week of April 20th at their Bryant Street facility.

I look forward to filling the seats with knowledge hungry butts!

Thanks again to all for their support. I'm feeling really god about all of this.

ME

• Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,260
    Mark

Mark,

I wish you the greatest of success and prosperity in your new venture. Knowing you, I can say with certainty that you will do well. Hope to see you soon. E-mail me with info on booking a seminar in the DC area.

- DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Congrats

on your career move Mark . If you make it to the LI area , I'll be there .
  • Mark Eatherton
    Thanks Dan...

I will be in touch.

Thanks also to PM magazine for the mention in the Radiant and Hydronics E-news.

ME

This discussion has been closed.