Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiators tipping over

Dan C.
Dan C. Member Posts: 248
I recently repiped my second floor apartment with pex home runs because there was only one heating system and i wanted to seperate into 2 so i wont have to pay the heat when it's rented. Now that there is no solid pipe to hold them in place, do I need to worry about them tipping over? If so, what can be done about this?

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    If there 38 tall they are especially tippy when they are shorter

ones. I have always been concerned with small kids around when they are like this. Even with ridgid pipe they can still quite easily be tipped over if say a 6 - 10 yr old decides to grab the top and try and climb it. Just 2 cents worth. Tim
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 766

The narrow ones could be of some concern. See here how I used a piece of all thread anchored into a stud. A fender washer and nut on each side keeps it from tipping either way.

Dave Stroman

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• did this one job..

Had one job where customer asked me to have both kicthen radaitors moved to have the floor refinished and then reconnected. Moving those two into dining room, seeing customer have 2 small children and one on the way, I tied them to existing radiator for safety purposes. About three years after the job was done, she headed up killing all of her three kids by posioning them. Sad to say , the town making a big deal about it during their annual haunted houses trail on every halloween.
  • Dan C.
    Dan C. Member Posts: 248

that's a good idea Dave. That's what I will do. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.