Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus condensing oil boiler

I need some advise on piping this boiler, It is condensing with a secondary heat exch. Piping on the boiler is 1 1/4 supply and 1" return. it will be feeding a radient floor piped with 3/4 pex, 2 manifolds with 6 circuits on ne and 7 on the other. Flow requirements per Rahau are 11.5 gpm per manifold.

If I understand this correctly I will need 23gpm total for both maniflods. Should I use primary/scondary and do away with the 4 way that came with the system? Is 1 1/4 piping big enough? It will have a logomatic installed.

Comments

• Steven Eayrs
    Steven Eayrs Member Posts: 33
    my opinion.....

Love P/S piping for a lot of installs, along w/ injection pump, but use Buderus 3-way mxing station, get the card to plug into the 2107 control to control it, and let the boiler bring back colder returns than either the P/S or 4-way will allow it to. If ra off the 2107 it can be set up to prevent the returns from being too cold, but cold enough to get the benifits of condensing. Great boiler!

They sent you a 4-way with the boiler? Bet if ya called them, you would find they recommend the 3-way if you want to condense more?

We are talking about the GB125 boiler right?
  • captbuderus_2
    captbuderus_2 Member Posts: 23
    The 4way

came with the Rahau system, not the Buderus. If you can could you post a picture of the way you would do it? I have time as the building is un used at the present. I just want to do it right the first time. Thanks
  • captbuderus_2
    The 4way

came with the Rahau system, not the Buderus. If you can could you post a picture of the way you would do it? I have time as the building is un used at the present. I just want to do it right the first time. Thanks
  • captbuderus_2
    The 4way

• SteveT
    SteveT Member Posts: 10
    piping

Is there more than one water temp? If the radiant is theonly load pipe it straight through no mixing valve needed.
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185

Oil fired condensing boiler?

Are you talking about the G 125BE?
  • captbuderus_2
    Ther will be a .

indirect at some time, so I guess the 4 way would be the way to go?
This discussion has been closed.