Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where's Perry? Did he get banned?

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
and don't like to be told that their choice of modcon boilers is a poor one (i.e. aluminum block boilers, or a lesser grade of stainless steel).

Before I read his posts, I thought all SS boilers were the same!

I too find his post informative, LONG, but informative.

As they always say, i you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

He has no cats to skin.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Rick_89
    Rick_89 Member Posts: 15
    Did I miss something?

Hasn't been on in a couple of days?
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Why

would he get banned?
    Retired and loving it.
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 960
    As Dan said,

Why would he be banned? I think the real question would be, "why would he want to post?" Perry's been spoofed and when not spoofed is treated with disrespect when posing thought provoking questions that don't have easy answers. I rather like being forced out of my comfort zone to look at familiar things from a different angle.

No one has a gun to their heads, being forced to read posts that don't interest them. Even where we've disagreed, I've found Perry professional, courteous and informative. Often challenging; never contentious. At the worst, I've been forced to elucidate my stands in areas where I might have become a little intellectually lazy. Obviously, that helps me too. If I don't have time to invest in reading a post, I simply don't. Too bad that the spirit in which Perry posts is not reciprocated many times.

I'd be inclined to "take a breather" too.

-Terry

Terry T

steam; proportioned minitube; trapless; jet pump return; vac vent. New Yorker CGS30C

• Pinball
    Pinball Member Posts: 249
    He's still here!

If you read the thread "My father's toolbox" you'll find out, where he is and what he's up to.

Trust me, based on that thread, it's NOT an easy time for him right now.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    TerryT

I agree Terry. I think Perry has really shed some light on the mod/con hipe. Before his posts there was a lot of speculation on why these HX's are failing.....Speculation.

With his Knowledge he has shed some light on this problem.

I have frequented this site all most daily for 9 years. No I'm not a Pro in this particular trade. I have learned a great deal about a second passion of mine from the posting here. Knowledge can be contributed from outside the box. If you can think that way.

The thread Perry was verbally bashed on shed some light on who are the true professionals here.

What defines a professional? Character does play into it.

Gordy
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    no matter how informative

his posts may be, his/father's situation isn't an excuse for rudeness. will tim mc's posts be rude when he returns?
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,405
    I'm not following the Perry thing, but I will tell you this.....

Timmie Mc Elwain is a gentleman ALWAYS. I have never found him to be rude.....gruff, short, VERY smart on his base of knowledge, a little impatient on a occassion, perhaps, but that could be because HE'S DOING THIS FOR THE LAST 50 YEARS!!!!!!!!! You ever get a little frustrated when you know the sky is blue and others can't see it? Timmie has, and is a GENT! If he's considered rude, then so am I...and I'm comfortable in company like that. Mad dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    mad dog

correct, my reference to mce has nothing to do with HIM being rude. and you'd have to follow the perry posts in order to understand what i said
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    I agree Mark

I have worked with engineers, and designers all of my career. I'm acustom to long explainations when you are already to the point in your head. It takes patience, and my tongue has gotten swollen on ocassion.

Sometimes ya just don't know how hot someone elses kitchen can get till you start cookin.

No cats to skin.

Gordy
This discussion has been closed.