Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Friend of the industry passed on

I learned yesterday of the death this past Sunday of John Bunting the owner of OnWatch Electronics. For those of you who aren't familiar, John has been on the forefront of development of diagnostic equipment for the oil and gas industry. The OnWatch unit has developed into a great diagnostic tool for aiding in finding solutions to nuissance lockouts and erratic equipment operation. Along that line John also developed the QuickLook stick line which facilitates easy monitoring of a variety of operational data for both oil and gas equipment. John also developed the Secure Heat system for monitoring heating systems and fuel needs in the home. I knew John for well over fifteen years and he was always available and willing to discuss his products, applications and to answer my often "stupid" questions. At a time when technical information and support is becoming more and more difficult to access in an easy and friendly fashion John epitomized the opposite. It was a pleasure knowing him and working with him as we represented his products. His involvement in his community and the industry will be missed. He was indeed a true gentle man and my sincere concolences go out to his family.

Comments

• What a shock!

He was a great guy, and provided us with some tools that were easy to work with and great time savers. My condolences to his family. He will be missed.
  • A great loss to the

industry and a great guy. I remember when I was with the gas company John and I had lunch together often as he called on us as he developed his testing insturments for us to try out. It was always a pleasure to be with him. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family and associates.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    great loss

I met him once had a problem oil system he personally delivered an on watch system and helped me set it up he was a very nice man my condolences to his family
  • Steven Eayrs
    Steven Eayrs Member Posts: 33
    Bought one of his on-watch

tools a number of years ago. Has been a useful tool on a number of hard to find troubled systems.
    Didn't know him personally but thankful he put his mind into the industry.
This discussion has been closed.