Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Mascot?

It's a BAXI if that helps relabeled for Laars

Comments

• Josh W
    Josh W Member Posts: 7
    The Mascot

Hey all you wetheads out there!!!

OK. I will preface this message by saying that I am currently installing the Lochinvar KBN and WBN to my customers be it residential or commercial and I love this boiler. I did my first install about 2 years ago. Ive done a maintenance on the Knights that Ive installed in the past 2 years and all are looking good.

Ive done some startups (not installs) on the Neotherm from Laars and really have not been impressed... no wall mount option, cheesy looking insides, lame **** controller that gives error messages like its nobody's business and no cascading option (for starters). It looks like it has the potential, but its just quite not there yet.

That said, I have been considering the mascot for some of my residential installs lately as it looks like a sweet little boiler, especially since it has that combi option, which could be a plus when you're flow requirements aren't too high.

Any recommendations or experience with this boiler??? Is there some sort of concentric exhaust on the thing?

Looking for
  • Josh W
    Josh W Member Posts: 7
    The Mascot

Hey all you wetheads out there!!!

OK. I will preface this message by saying that I am currently installing the Lochinvar KBN and WBN to my customers be it residential or commercial and I love this boiler. I did my first install about 2 years ago. Ive done a maintenance on the Knights that Ive installed in the past 2 years and all are looking good.

Ive done some startups (not installs) on the Neotherm from Laars. It looks like it has the potential, but its just not quite there yet.

That said, I have been considering the Mascot for some of my residential installs lately as it looks like a sweet little boiler, especially since it has that combi option, which could be a plus when you're flow requirements aren't too high.

Any recommendations or experience with this boiler??? Is there some sort of concentric exhaust on the thing?

Regards,

JBW
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Baxi Luna

I,ve got a few of them out there they are OK especially when you combine it with the "Modulo" 20 gallon waterheater ,the Control:Siemens QAA 73 is very nice! it is not just a regular thermostat and with the proper training you can even adjust the draft inducer speed which is a must at 10 000 feet.

Yes they have Coax venting system.

Over all it is a nice boiler but the support from Marathon sucked, Maybe Teledyne can do a better job on the support side
This discussion has been closed.