Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for Steam Expert in NJ

HeatJockey
HeatJockey Member Posts: 37
I don't call myself an expert, however I am a Lic. Master Plumber who has been working on steam for 35 years.

Super Fuel Plumbing & Heating
Paterson, NJ
973-684-2120

Sam Greenblatt #11822

Comments

• Property Manager
    Property Manager Member Posts: 13
    Looking for Steam Expert in NJ

Hi, everyone.

I'm looking for a steam expert to service a steam boiler system in Passaic County. This is for a commercial building.

Any recommendations is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • JB_8
    JB_8 Member Posts: 85
    EXPERT

Go to the top of the wall and click of Resources and then find a PRO.
  • Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    Try

Gateway Plumbing and Heating
    John & David Cataneo
    58 Watts St.
    New York, NY 10013
    Phone: 212-980-0909
    Fax: (718) 815.3418

John makes strides over to NJ I understand.

Matt Sweeney at Triple Crown in Floral Park is also worth calling.

Not to the exclusion of others of course. Just two that I know and admire.
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    YOU NEED CLAMMY

sounds like a job for the CLAMSTER
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,284
    Thanks, Brad.

We actually do have a working shop in New Jersey for several years now. Lots and lots of steam in those towns.
    Unfortunately, we don't service the poster's area.
    There's too much travel time to allow us to be competitive.
    This info is from our NJ F-A-P ad:

Gateway Plumbing and Heating
    David & John Cataneo
    License: 11094
    591 Valley St
    Orange, NJ 07050
    Phone: 973-672-1000
    Email: NJplumber@hotmail.com

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 612
    Service??

Is it only for boiler service OR are there systematic issues as well?
  • tommyoil
    Strange

I didn't see Super Fuel in the Find a pro section.
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    TommyOil

Hey TommyOil,

What's up with, "I didn't see Super Fuel in the Find a pro section"? Does that mean he's not qualified? Find A Pro is an amazing resource for homeowners, but just because Super Fuel isn't listed there doesn't mean he's not qualified!? FYI, Sam from Super Fuel is tops! He's helped me out of a bind many times. He's very talented at what he does, he's a top mechanic and a fine human being as well.

Adam

PS- Tommy, if for some reason I misunderstood your post then I offer my sincere apologies. Adam
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    paid advertisement

The point Tommy was stressing was that the work leads should go to the gents that pay the freight with their f.a.p. ads. not a guy sliding under the wire. that should clarify it. its a money thing. part of Dan's livlihood.
  • tommyoil
    Spent many years

On Straight Street in Paterson and am well aware of Super Fuel. Spent lots of time in basements over there(and in some instances for HIS customers). Did boiler work for many of his competitors. My point is what Bob mentioned. YOU may know Sam, but if he advertised in FAP he would have WAY more credibility within this community since we'd all know him AND the quality of his work. It wasn't a slight. That said, if I had to pick an unadvertised pro in that area, I'd second the motion and get a hold of Clammy. I've seen his top notch work posted time and time again and its very impressive. I wouldn't mind working with him on an install or two. It would be a pleasure as a matter of fact. JMO
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,405
    Adam...I am sure you are right about the man, However

Does it strike you as fair that some of us PAY for adverstising to help support this site whilst others sit on the sidelines and "pick off" potential clients? If one is going to solicit customers here, one should (to paraphrase Obama) "get some skin in the game" right? only fair I think. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • HeatJockey
    HeatJockey Member Posts: 37

Gentlemen, I had no intention of "sliding under the wire" or "taking Dan's livelyhood." I've known Dan for over 30 years, paid to go to his seminars, bought his books, supported his charities, and had him visit my job sites.

I also tried Find a Pro and found that the pepole who contacted me believed that since the internet was free, so should be my time. I spent a lot of hours chasing potential customers who were just looking, had imposible desires, and no money (or at least no desire to part with it). I declined to continue "my membership". However, maybe it is time to reconsider. Do you people get quality leads and jobs or is my experience still true?

I read The Wall and post questions from time to time. It is not my main activity nor entertainment. I find the bickering, snobbery, and snotty attitudes distasteful. I come here to share information with fellow profesionals who can actually act like professionals. Not people who hide behind a keyboard.

As I said to Adam in a private email, and I now post here, I had a feeling that I knew who the "property manager" was. I had just seen a former customer in a supply house looking for free information. He goes from supply house to supply house asking questions, and then refuses to hire anybody that might cost him money. Does the work himself on the cheap, screws it up, and wonders why he goes through repated boiler sections when the continuing problem is leaking underground return lines ( that he won't spend the money on to replace.) Can anyone state that they were actually hired by this guy?

My post was self effacing and just stated my name, lic. and phone number. We are a 3rd. generation company, over 90 years in business, in the same location. We must be doing something correct. How many of you have these credentials?

I again thank those who have helped me in the past.
    Sam Greenblatt
    973-684-2120

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,405
    Sam

1) No disrespect meant, sir...From one master plumber to another.
    2)FAP works
    3) You NEED to charge a fee for consults. One or two consults will cover your FAP ad.
    4) You have a wealth of Knowledge and 100 years lof Family Honor behind you...THAT is worth a great deal.
    5) I have stopped the Lookie-loo tire kickers who waste my time and steal my trade
    6) you need to charge a fee..payable at end of consult. It can then be appluied to the corrective work.

Love to meet you some day. Matt Mad Dog Sweeney

This discussion has been closed.