Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tweil mclain AHE - 60 wall hung boiler wont circulate

Darrell_7
Darrell_7 Member Posts: 35
Did you change the motor insert cartridge AND the pump housing with the windings in it? Or did you re-use the existing windings? Your pump is not pumping.

Comments

• steve giannini
    steve giannini Member Posts: 4
    weil mclain AHE - 60 wall hung boiler

the taco 005-bf1-2w wont circulate even after I changed the motor, can I service the bypass valve or does the whole thing need to be changed ?
  • Darrell_7

The bypass valve is a pull and replace sort of thing...if you can still get one. WMC has obsoleted many of the parts for some of their lines. If your local WMC shop can't, or won't, get you one, get the WNC part number...all nine didgits and go to "partstoyourdoor.com" and you'll likely find it there.

That is very likely your problem...but make sure the boiler isn't airbound before you give up.
  • steve giannini

I went back and changed the thermostat cartrige in the pump and the auto air vent , purged the heck out of it and still not circulating that good Any suggestions
  • Darrell_7

Now the harder questions...

Did it ever work well? (Gotta ask).
    Are you sure the pump is running? Did you change the whole motor end or just the cartridge?
    Is there debris in the pump volute or bypass? I once found a big slug of silicone in there.
    Is there a downstream valve closed?
    Is there good pressure in the boiler?
    Has there been any changes to any part of the system lately?
    How is the water quality? Is the boiler plugged up?

Bottom line...if the pump is running for sure and you don't get circulation, then something is blocking it. A valve, an obstruction, air or sludge. The onboard pump is very small and will not overcome any obstacles.
  • steve giannini

Lady said it worked good for 20years, heat came up fast, original pump and zone valves , I bought a new taco 005 pump and transfered the parts to the old housing, there didn't seem to be any sludge or anything in the housing ,changed 3 zone valves do to end switches not working, they worked the day before. expansion tank starts leaking while I'm there also changed that. second floor is working a little bit on gravity so dont think it has any obstructions. I guess I should have mentioned that the boiler is above the first floor radiation.
  • steve giannini

I would agree that the pump is not pumping , but I changed the windings an all, still didn't pump so thought it has to be the bypass thermostat so I changed that too . still not pumping, thought it was air locked so I put an alternate water source and purged it through the boiler drain because I am thinking there is a blockage still wont circulate. seems to be bypassing but don't know why.
This discussion has been closed.