Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heliodyne 'Solar Hot Water Module'

Mike Dunn
Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
Please do not route domestic water through the heating system. You know "Can open, worms everywhere" kind of thing. Instead use the Heliodyne module.

Mike

Comments

• Pete & Sun_2
    Pete & Sun_2 Member Posts: 1
    Heliodyne Solar Hot Water Module

I have a client that wants me to help him install a solar thermal system that will combine space heating (hydronic baseboards) and DHW. I do mostly PV, but did a number of SDHW system back in the 80's. He will be buying equipment from Heliodyne, including a device they call a 'solar hot water module'. As far as I can tell it is basically a heat exchanger that isolates the DHW from the space heating loops. Anybody have any experience with these systems? Is there any reason that potable water could not be run through heating loop if everything is copper? Thanks for your help
  • Rich_46
    Rich_46 Member Posts: 15

The only Helio- products i have used have been on solar heated pool systems. And mabey a bad batch but i had nothing but annoying issues with that product. Mind you it wasn't same product, just the make.
  • Ron Huber_2
    Ron Huber_2 Member Posts: 127
    Heliopak

comes in different sizes, what part of the country is the install, solar and baseboard usually is not an option if you want to make it cost effective. the ones we use for Closed loop systems isolate the solar loop from the potable water side by way of the external exchanger on the Heliopak and a cirl. for each side
This discussion has been closed.