Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil Burner

Matt_17
Matt_17 Member Posts: 5
sw, yes it is a QB burner. It was cleaned, new nozzle and filter at the end of the season last year.

Comments

• Matt_17
    Matt_17 Member Posts: 5
    Oil Burner

I have a Weil McLain Boiler/Burner that is 10 years old or so. The burner starts and runs fine, but when it shuts down there is a rumbling sound for a couple of seconds then it stops. It doesn't do it everytime. Any ideals what could be causing this.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    oil burner

needs a cleaning call your oil company if its a weil clain burner think about replacing the burner
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185

Possible after drip from bad cutoff.

As suggested, it would need to be tested by a qualified service personel.

Is it a QB burner?
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,932
    I agree...

You have a package boiler. The Weil Mc is a tight boiler to start with and I never loved there burner. A good burner with a higher static pressure would be a recommended up grade.

The noise you hear is a after burn. Caused either by a poor pump cut off , carbonized end cone , air in the fuel flow. Needs to be looked at.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Erich_3
    Erich_3 Member Posts: 135
    Time to change a few Things

It is probably time to change the nozzle and oil filter. If you have the original literature install the correct nozzle and clean the nozzle holder. If you do not have the literature call up Weil Mclain and ask what nozzle is to be used. Ask for complete nozzle specifications to include manufacturer of the nozzle. Also ask for the combustion settings as they should be verified and set.
  • steve_29
    steve_29 Member Posts: 185

While the QB isn't anyones favorite burner, it sounds like your ready for an annual service.

If I understand correctly it's been about 1 year, be sure you tell whom ever comes out, what's been happening.
This discussion has been closed.