Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thank you for all your help

Mark Custis
Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
for the update.

Dan H is warm and Dave Bromme has a new job.

Brad must be asleep and maddog is still working.

Comments

• johnnyge
    johnnyge Member Posts: 86

Yesterday I called my utilities supplier because my gas and electric bill was too high. The company gave me the number of an organization to help homeowners to minimize the heating cost.The Tech showed up the same day and did a Home audit on my house.
    Thanks to all the knowledge of the people in this site, my one pipe steam boiler is working a 99.9% efficiency. He said that my heating system is working perfect. I was proud of myself and I want to thanks everyone here for the advised on tuning my system.
    Before I learned about this site, my idea of steam system was loud bang on pipes,uneven heating radiators, rooms more cold than others,etc. With the help of Dan's books and the advised of all of you, now you need to touch the radiator to see if it is hot or no because is very quiet, no more banging pipes, no more hissing valves.
    My problem with my high bill is that I need to seal some parts of the house that were getting a draft and to add more insulation on the Attic. I have now and R19 value and it's supposed to be R38. Today I sealed the areas where I was getting air and the next step is going to be adding insulation to the Attic.
    Once again Thank all for sharing your knowledge.
    Johnnyge
This discussion has been closed.