Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My quiet Munchkin

Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
about my old Munchkin 140M making a noise like an prop airplane. Well Sat night I got the first fault code and decided to upgrade my boiler on Sunday after Church, and before the Super bowl. I replaced the blower as recommended by one of HTP's reps, but also replaced the 925 board, for several reasons. The first is higher flame rectification. They have doubled it by using line voltage and BOTH the flame sensor and the spark ignitor at flame sensors. Secondly, They have increased the post purge at the end of the heating cycle. Apparently there were issues with things still being hot when the fan shut off and it created some problems. 3rdly it has enabled the heat set point target temperature on the S4 menu. Very useful if you have outdoor reset and want to know at what emperature it should be cycling. It also has has Vision 3 built in now so you can lead lag multiple boilers but I have no use for that personally. While I had it down I cleaned out the heat exchanger and flushed it like I was supposed to last Fall. (Hey! I got busy!) now my Munchkin is purring like a kitten and working very well. I'm very pleased with the tech suppport at HTP. Momma is happy too, now that the heat is quiet. I'm thinking of offering the new board to customers who have the occaisional F09 because of a flame sensor that needs cleaning. I like the new 926 board. WW

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,833
    HTP had an interesting AHR booth

the long awaited external HX module for the Solar Phoenix. Also a couple new boilers with more turndown and self adjusting gas valves.

I forgot camera! But Holopolloza stopped by for some chat. See it at HVACtv soon.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    R & D

Wayne,
    One more revised "Upgraded" new and improved version

Does it come with a Free sticker for the newer board that gets installed over the old sticker?,Kinda like the Hydro pulse!
    Is this how HTP does the R&D of these boilers?

Hope it has ODR :-)

No harm intended! Richard
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    It does have ODR

but it is still a Vision one kit add. I think they should make it standard. I get calls all the time from installers who muck up the push in pins for the Molex connectors. I remember having trouble my first time too. I would also recommend adding a boost feature. For all I know stuff like that is in the works. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    I think...

that it is standard now, Wayne. On the Rev2 version. BTW, can you keep us updated on your solar performance during cold & cloudy weather? Thanks!
    Ross
This discussion has been closed.