Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trane radiator valve

Options
Todd_39
Todd_39 Member Posts: 2
I have a customer that has "Trane Hermetic" radiator valves installed on the rads. There is a patent no. 2027190. I do not believe that they are the original valves. One has failed. Can they be found? This is 2 pipe steam.

Comments

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    primo circular rad

they look like conventional valve & trap. steamhead will know for sure. that radiator is worth a million !!
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    You might still be able

to get rebuild parts for those valves from Trane. If not, try Tunstall Associates, www.tunstall-inc.com .

That round radiator is rare! Any other interesting features of this Vapor system?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Todd_39
    Todd_39 Member Posts: 2
    Options

The building has two of the round radiators. I wasn't sure if this was a vapor system. I'll have to get out my copy of the lost art and read that chapter again. There is nothing else on this system to indicate that it was a vapor system. It iscurrently 2 pipe pumped return. F&T traps at the end of the mains. Would there be a problem if I replaced the valve with a common readily availible valve?

We installed a new boiler recently. It is at least the fourth boiler that the building has seen. The first would have been coal. I found a manual for one of the first gas boilers that was installed. It was an ACK-O-MATIC by the Ackerman Gas Boiler Corp. of McDonald PA. And this building that I have been working in is located in? You guessed it. McDonald PA.
This discussion has been closed.