Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Little boiler project

I used to service and install Kewanee and Cleaver Brooks boilers/burners. That is one sweet retrofit!

Rich K

Comments

• Kevinj_3
    Kevinj_3 Member Posts: 27
    Boiler room

Here is a shot of a boiler room renovation we are just finishing up. We have went thru all the burners, D/A, restored the dual fuel firing, etc.

Kevin
  • Kevinj_3
    another pic

Here is a shot of what it looked like a year back when the project began.

Kevin
  • Kevinj_3
    another pic

Here is a pic to show what it looked like a year back when the project started.

Kevin
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 960
    TV

"BOILER ROOM MAKEOVERS"

I'd watch.

BTW, they're simply adorable.

I was running a setup similar to that for my neighborhood CHP district steam system. It was nice being the "steam master." Then I woke up. :-(

-Terry

Terry T

steam; proportioned minitube; trapless; jet pump return; vac vent. New Yorker CGS30C

• Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    WoW.....

that's a lotta light!!!

Looks like you can eat off the floor in there! (five second rule)

Nice clean work.

Jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

What is the heatloss calc for that building...maybe 150K or so? Might be oversized...

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Kevin Jahn
    Kevin Jahn Member Posts: 18
    BTU

Actually the customer has removed some buildings from the plant. We now provide a max of about 15,000 PPH when it is cold out. In the sumnmer months we drop back to about 4,500 PPH.A few years back we would see loads in the 25,000 PPH range. The small boiler puts out about 9,000, the middle boiler is about 18,000 and the large one about 21,000. We can match loads pretty well and keep them running well. The boilers year of manufacture are 1958, 1963, and 1975. So up until 75 they still had a coal boiler. For the chiller and vacuum crowd, I have attached a couple more pics.
This discussion has been closed.