Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Glow core boilers

Options
Tim Weaver
Tim Weaver Member Posts: 49
I have a GB0607 Glowcore that I installed almost 18 yrs ago.
Lots of initial problems but we ironed them out and its worked great until a recent blower failure--found a replacement in a plumbers back lot. I am now told that Glowcore boiler cores were faulty and subject to pin hole leaks. I know these cores aren't available anymore so should I just replace the boiler as soon as it warms up w/ a Weil Mcclain CGs type--all baseboard in this building.

Thanks for your opinion. Ray

Comments

• BadgerBoilermN_3
    Options
    GlowCore Replacement

Yes. There are many fine ModCon boilers that will out-perform your old GlowCore and do in near silence.

More comfort and efficiency with reset control, quiet operation and same small wall-hung design.

I have the Ultra on fin-tube jobs like yours but only Lochinvar's Knight and the Heat Transfer's Munchkin use the same 2" PVC vent (much to their credit) as you old GlowCore.

As with GlowCore, proper sizing and close piping are critical.
  • dgm
    dgm Member Posts: 3
    Options
    glow core boiler

i just replaced my gb160 with a heat transfer products(formerly munchkin) brand pioneer model and i would strongly suggest you consider that model over their over their elite model.  for technical reasons, its installation is far less critical than most condensing boilers  i am very happy with this boiler and you csn email me at dgmdc at aol.com
  • dgm
    Options
    glow core boiler

i just replaced my gb160 with a heat transfer products(formerly munchkin) brand pioneer model and i would strongly suggest you consider that model over their over their elite model.  for technical reasons, its installation is far less critical than most condensing boilers  i am very happy with this boiler and you csn email me at dgmdc at aol.com
  • dgm
    Options
    glow core boiler

This discussion has been closed.