Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tankless water heaters

... Any chance for heat recovery? It might be a good fit.

Yours, Larry

Comments

• HeatJockey
    HeatJockey Member Posts: 37
    tankless water heaters

I want to install two gas fired tankless water heaters (twinned together)for a resaurant project. Any reccommendations on the brands. Rennai, Bradford White, Bosch, etc. Thank You
  • Noritz.

I have used others all are good. I like the Noritz because the vent material usually cost less per foot.

Have you looked at the VWH from Heat Transfer Products or a similar product. I had good luck with it. Very efficent.

• kpc_52
    kpc_52 Member Posts: 22
    second on the....

Noritz. I twinned two outdoor ones together on a water park once... worked like a champ.
  • Gerry Ermer
    Gerry Ermer Member Posts: 4

Do you need 180 degree water for sanitizing? Tankless heaters don't perform very well at that temp!!
  • KennyG
    KennyG Member Posts: 10
    Tankless Water Heater

I would recommend the Noritz for commercial work. I just worked on a four year old commercial Rinnai that had a cracked heat exchanger. The crack however was possibly due to some incorrect venting. Rinnai has a very good reputation on the residential side.
    Whatever you decide to install, please follow the installation instructions very carefully.
  • seabee570
    seabee570 Member Posts: 89
    tankless

I am no expert but I do not think that 2 tankless as you say 'twinned together' will get you consistani 180 degree water for dishwashing...I would use 1 tankless feeding into an electric booster at the dishwashing location
  • HeatJockey

Thank You for your feedback. I neglected to include that I only need 140 degree as the dishwasher has booster. Need 4 gpm 90 degree rise The gas fired tank type are $6000.00 each, my cost without install. Venting is no problem.
  • Erich_3
    Erich_3 Member Posts: 135
    Navien

Use a Navien commercial CC-240A model. 97.3 efficiency. Has a built in circulator. Commercial models are capable of a maximum temperature of 185 degrees. Dual stainless steel heat exchangers. Highest quality. Look here:

http://www.navienamerica.com/
  • HeatJockey
    Noritz Vs. Bosch

Both brands have similar designs and sizing. Bosch has a 15 year heat exchanger warranty vs Noritz 5 yr on their commercial units. Warranty is important to my recommendation however I want to install quality products. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.