Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Not Heating 1st Floor

Options
Andres A.
Andres A. Member Posts: 2
Hello, I have an SlantFin hot water gas boiler in a 3 family house, the boiler distributes heat to 3 different zones but the issue Im having now is that the 1st floor is not receiving any heat at all....the outgoing pipes for the top 2 floors are always hot to the touch but the one for the 1st floor is slightly warm, not cold or hot....I tried draining the first floor pipe but it only makes the outgoing pipe as hot as the others for a little while but then it goes back to warm and there is no effect at all on the inside pipes, its like there is no water running through them a all...

Please give me some advice on this matter, thanks

Comments

• Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    Options
    Could be/Sounds Like

you have no circulation. Could be as simple as a switch to the circulator, a bad relay, thermostat wire, power issue, burned out/seized pump...

If no circulator, it could be a zone valve but that can be manually opened, usually.

Whatever tepid heat you are getting sounds like minimal gravity circulation which can be expected.

Not enough to go on, just some ideas. If in doubt, get a pro in there. It does sound like something simple to me though.
This discussion has been closed.