Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Puzzling me!

And,depending on where you are, last winter wasn't as cold as this one.

Comments

• Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Puzzling me!

I have a customer that had a 19 year old boiler replaced in March of 07 with a Baxi 310 boiler, with two zones. They have Caleffi zone valves. Her complaint is that the first floor zone is not heating above 63 degrees. I was there to check the boiler and found that the zone is in fact heating. The supply and return are both hot, I can feel the heat coming off the baseboard. She even vaccumed while I was there. I replaced a T87F with a Honeywell digital, and still has the problem. I am puzzled, her boiler of 19 years heated the zone without any problem, she says the Baxi heated fine last season. She has plenty of baseboard in the space to do the job. Any ideas ?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,833
    measure

the supply temperature going out to the baseboard, and measure the return temperature. Assure you have good flow.

it heated fine before? No other changes? How many feet of baseboard on the 3.4 zone?

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Probably

Because the Baxi's highest supply temp possible is 185*. The old boiler's limit was probably higher.
  • Tekkie
    Tekkie Member Posts: 58
    A non professional

Check the infastructure itself. any bad windows, open vents, etc. I know that is what hammering me (bad windows) but since I'm handicapped and no money then... I'll make due.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Windows

Not to Hi Jack the thread, but Tekkie you can do a lot to help a bad window situation with window treatments. They are not near the cost of a new window, and do wonders to deter heat loss from the window. I prefer the cellular style shades with room darkening fabric.

This is not to say its a better option then a new window. But for the financially strapped it is an option with results. If you can't afford window treatments then a blanket will do the trick over the window.

Gordy
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    air

BE sure there is no air and DID they put in new carpet? must have air circulate
This discussion has been closed.