Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Granby Double Wall Polyethylene Interior Tank

Erich_3
Erich_3 Member Posts: 135
Has anyone installed the Granby double wall 275 gal oil tank? Specifically the vertical tank that is 28" wide, 61" high and 43" long. This is the 2 in 1 tank and it looks like it is well built. Thanks for your opinions.

Comments

• Erich_3
    Erich_3 Member Posts: 135
    Roth vs Granby

Is the Roth double wall tank better than the Granby double wall tank?
  • Jim Franklin
    Jim Franklin Member Posts: 170

I recently removed a Granby tank that was installed outside and replaced it with a Roth.

Both tanks appeared to be of similar construction and would be installed the same way.

The installer failed to install the required hood and the void between tanks filled with water, collapsing the inner tank, not the Granby's fault.

The base for the Granby is attached to the bottom of the tank , while the base for the Roth sits under it and is not attached.

We've always used Roth, but I would suspect the Grandby to work OK.
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

Roth and Granby are now the same exact tank

One company bought the other or some such because the new Roth tanks have Granby logos on them as well.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jim Franklin

Norm... by the pixs on Granby's site if appears your are right.

The one I took out was deffinitely diffent.
  • Joe Brix
    Joe Brix Member Posts: 626
    great tank

but I always get some faint smell of oil. Seems like a small amount of oil weeps through the plastic pipe bushing around the vent and fill pipes. Do you guys dope these fittings?
  • Brian Coyne
    Brian Coyne Member Posts: 5
    Roth / Granby 2 in 1 tank

It is of no secret that we at Roth Industries produce the Double wall tank (2 in 1) for Granby. We have the same quality control and quality of construction of our own DWT.
  • Brian Coyne
    Brian Coyne Member Posts: 5

It is of no secret that we at Roth Industries produce the Double wall tank (2 in 1) for Granby. We have the same quality control and quality of construction of our own DWT. Neither company bought the other. We operate as independent companies. Roth is solely owned by Mr. and Granby is owned by Mr. Clark.

• Jim Franklin

Joe...

We always use the Roth vent and fill adapter, so the piping is screwed into metal.

It is not suggested to use pipe dope on the plastic fittings.

Please be aware that this tank should only be installed by authorized installers, otherwise your compensation warrenty will be void.
This discussion has been closed.