Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

BECKETT HEAT MANAGER OR??? OUTDOOR RESET

K HAYNES
K HAYNES Member Posts: 10
putting in a new boiler was wondering what the best route is and who has experience with either . was looking at the honeywell outdoor reset and the beckett heat manager. i'm not rich so im looking for the best system for the money

Comments

• Chris S
    Chris S Member Posts: 177
    heat manager

If you are going simple & cheap, the intellidyne HW+ is the same as the Beckett, with a readout, and works well.
    An Outdoor reset controller does much more, and will get the most out of your boiler (read save fuel). They also cost more and take longer to install.
    You get what you pay for
    Have you looked at the new tN4? That's what I'd use on a new installation.
    Chris
  • K HAYNES
    K HAYNES Member Posts: 10

anybody else?????????????
  • Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315

No, I think that about sums it up. Outdoor reset is a better way to go, but with a higher price tag. I like the Tekmar units too.
  • Roland_18
    Roland_18 Member Posts: 147
    Boiler control

I installed a Tekmar 256 on my new boiler and the outdoor reset function does change the boiler supply temp based upon the outdoor temp. If I had to do it over, I would go with the Tekmar 260 and an indoor temp sensor. The 260 is more pricey but has additional useful features.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    I'd

go with a HW AQ2000.You say you're not rich,the poorer you are the more you need ODR!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • 1bourbon
    1bourbon Member Posts: 25
    ditto

260 is a reasonably full-featured, entry-level ODR capable of indoor feedback and DHW functions.

Having indoor feedback to adjust supply temps to the lowest possible to hold setpoint is, IMHO, worth every penny. Real-time load sensing and adjusting is a wonderful thing that saves energy.
This discussion has been closed.