Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

This is stupid

Bob Bona_4
Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
stick tacks in my eyes than call HW "tech support". How many times has it been my cell battery died as I was on hold, or the earth rotated enough during "hold" that I lost service.

Haven't worked on the new primaries enough to say Paul, just feeling yer pain. Of course- Nobody. Has. Ever. Had. A. Problem. Before.

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_9
    Paul Fredricks_9 Member Posts: 315
    Falling asleep

I am currently on hold, waiting for Honeywell's tech support to pick up. I've been holding for 25 minutes. Ah, they just picked up. Good thing I'm not sitting in a customers basement. Good thing it's not an emergency.

Of course, their recording says that they are experiencing higher than normal call volumes. But I hear that all the time! I'd think by now, higher than normal IS NORMAL! They need more tech support people, more phones, or better products.

BTW, I'm on hold again while they try to find an answer.

I was calling about the problems we've seen with R7184's. Power to the control, TT is made, no power coming out, not off on safety. Flick the power off and on and it fires up.

They have no info on this issue. If anyone runs into this, please post the full model number and date code here so I can get an idea of which ones are the issue, if the issue actually exists.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

When they come back, ask about the L404 pressuretrols, and why they are such crap!!!

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • steve_196
    steve_196 Member Posts: 33
    7184 Oil Primary

Following the 7184-1032, do you see a sideways number 6. I've heard that some of these controls are experiencing this condition.
  • Paul Fredricks_11
    Paul Fredricks_11 Member Posts: 12

I've heard that too. I haven't seen any of the controls in question yet, they're still out in the techs vans.

As far as the PA404 goes, I think they work best in non steam applications.
This discussion has been closed.