Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

best ductless mini split with heat

Options
Have put in a couple of the Fujitsu systems. customers loved them. So did techs. Usually only get one or the other. LOL.

Comments

• pete_43
    pete_43 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    best ductless mini split with heat

hey guys what is the best ductless mini split with heat. I need 12,000 btu of heating and 8,000 btu of ac

thanks

pete
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    mitisubsi

Have used them for years yet to ever have any issue with there products ,not the cheapest but quality always cost more and as for counter guys telling your other brands are the best just remenber that the cheapest wholesale unit with the highest mark up always is the supply houses best system because of the higher profit .make sure you get a model which uses inverter tech which will modulate your cooling output and offer higher eff then standard sysytems good luck clammy
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Fujitsu

I've been spec'ing and using the Fujitsu line of mini splits for about 5 years now and we've been very happy with them. Easy installations and every one we've done has been a "text book" start-up. They have up to 21 SEER efficiencies on some of their heat pump models with variable speed (inverter drive) compressors. This gives a nice range of cooling and heating to "load match" the applications requirements. For example their 9RLQ model is rated at 9mbtu nominal cooling but operates from 3,600 to 12,000 btu's as required. The same unit will give from 3,000 to 18,000 btu's in heating mode. They have many features including a wireless remote (most do), plasma air filter, sleep timer, 24 hr timer, ect. They're using R410A refrigerant and have a 2 year parts warranty with 6 years on the compressor.

Probably one of the most important features to me is local support!
  • hvacfreak
    hvacfreak Member Posts: 439
    Options
    You will see

...alot of brand names on this subject , and I'm sure I have installed or serviced most of them. Mitsubishi has my vote.

Snap-On = wrenches , Fluke = electrical test equipment , Mitsubishi = silly little ac systems that last forever.
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Just saw at ASHRAE

the new (March availability) 12 RLS unit from Fujitsu. 26seer/HSPF 12. Cooling capacity 3,800-14,500 Heating capacity 3,100-24,000 btu

I represent them, so my bias is acknowledged, but it is an excellent line.
  • John Mills_4
    John Mills_4 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    What kind of heat?

Electric or heat pump? Watch the cutout on when the heat pump shuts off in cold weather. Only one I know of with decent amount of electric heat is EMI.
  • GREG LAUER
    GREG LAUER Member Posts: 103
    Options
    why use anything else

Daikin is our choice. heat below 0 deg great product.
    www.Daikinus.com
    these guys invented the ductless and the veriable refrigerant volume systems are unmatched in inovation. The vrv3 even charges itself!!!!!
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    What kind of heat?

Electric for sub 0 operation? or just a heat pump?
  • pete_43
    pete_43 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    what kind of heat

probibly o sub
    I live in cleveland, and it can get down there. Probably only a few days of 0 or lower per year.
  • Fujitsu and Daikin.

I use the Fujitsu 26seer/HSPF 12 and have been very happy here in NJ. With multiple units the Daikin VRV system can't be beat. You can heat and cool in the same system. It is just gonna cost you.
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    Thing is

many heat pumps can run to 0, but if you do, there is a bit of a penalty in capacity as the temp diff from ambiant to refrigerant closes. so an 18,000 btu heat pump at 0 F might only be capable of 14,000 (Random numbers BTW, don't quote)

If you need a steady output as a main heat source, I would be inclined to use the EMI unit it has electric heat to backstop the heatpump if it can't keep up..a bit pricey, but worth it..and made in the USA if that is important to you..Rome NY
This discussion has been closed.