Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensate pump

Options
Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,545
Little Giant will work as well

If you do not use a "Neutralizer" and you have cast drains it will corrode the cast away, it is kind of like putting acid down the drain every day.

If you are on a septic tank you will kill the "Nitrobacters" which help break down the solids

If you have a septic tank and you "Kill" your "Nitrobacters", you run the risk that the Solids will clogs your leash field ,and having to fix that may be very expensive..

If you are on a sewer line and have PVC or ABS drains you still shall be "Green" and neutralize it! Richard

Comments

• Eileen Olive
    Eileen Olive Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Correct Condensate Pump

Have a Triangle Tube 110 hung on the basement wall that currently drips about 2-3 gallons of "water" every day. I do not have a condensate pump hooked up as yet, so it flows into a 7-gal bucket I empty daily. What would be my best option for a condensate pump? I would like to install one this week. Thank you.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

I just use the honeywell heavy duty pump, but I neutralize the condensate first with lime chips then it can be put in a CI pipe sewer line...

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Eileen Olive
    Options
    What if you DO NOT use the lime chips?

What might that cause? Where exactly do you put the lime chips? I was going to use a Little Giant pump, but I am nt yet sure.
  • Condensate

If you need to use a pump, OK.
    Mine just drains down into the sewer(or sump pump), I used some calcite(finer limestone) tied in a sockette & made-up this to put it in.
    Of course, before any pumps or entering the sewer.
    I change it yearly, no mess.

Dave
  • Eileen Olive
    Options
    Thank you

At work I see the service guys put tablets in the pans that catch the condensate prior to running off into the floor drains. Could that be some sort of lime in tablet form? As it presently sits, my boiler would flow into a condensate pump and then be pumped into the slop sink and into the 4" cast iron soil line. So, I guess I must install some sort of neutralizer prior to the pump, yes? When I spoke to one of the factory techs, from Weil Mclain, he told me not to worry "it's only as much acid as orange juice." Now what.
This discussion has been closed.