Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aluminum Radiant Plates

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,218
installed the Roth, Warmboard, and transfer plates as you suggested with tile backer board applied directly on it. I'd check with the tilesetter to get his blessing as the liability for a failed "bond" falls on him.

Also check with the folks that manufacture the product that glues the backer board to the underfloor.

Check with Radiant Engineering for their take on this installation.

hr
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• Pete_42
    Pete_42 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Aluminum radiant panels under tile

I am considering an above a 20x25' subfoor radiant system. Most of the subfloor is 5/8" ply and some is 3/4" Advantec. It is all level, the Advantec is an addition. I am considering Radiant tracks from Radiant Engineering, Viega etc.. between 3/4" plywood sleepers 8" OC with the channel facing up. I am considering either U or C channel believe the U channel would provide better conduction directly to the tile. My question is, given there will be aluminum directly exposed to some kind of bonding agent to support backer board or other, what is the current "best practice"? If possible, I would prefer to not install a sheet of 1/4" plywood and then proceed with tile. Please advise and many thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.